New Unicorn 2 Cartagena - Avtex Tv Query

kirkauld

We picked up our brand new Unicorn2 Cartagena here in New Zealand 4 days ago and absolutely love it; a couple of very minor niggles soon sorted out by dealer in Taupo. Made sure dealer checked shower completely and so far, after heavy usage in the last few days seems to be no leaks (fingers crossed)

The one query we have is with the Avtex TV regarding recording onto a USB.

Whilst with Freeview there is an EPG and it appears that we can timer record from that we encounter a problem with SKY in that there appears to be no onscreen guide! Does this mean we can only record what we are watching (very limited use) or is there some other way to do it?

Here in New Zealand we are already into Christmas Day and so we would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a happy & prosperous 2014

John

2014 Bailey Unicorn 2 Cartagena / 2006 Ford Explorer V8

A Christmas wishes to you too. :D Father Christmas is on his way here then!

Edited by Jslocks

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Sorry should have 'read' Avtex TV ; I need to be more alert with this predictive text feature!!!

Sorry should have 'read' Avtex TV ; I need to be more alert with this predictive text feature!!!

Aztec is right if you use the correct Inca!!

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

I believe all you need to do is to enter the timings for your satellite recording. Sorry i said believe that is because I am not able to check, however I have recorded satellite, albeit not Sky with mine. So go to record whilst source is satellite and the right channel selected, modify the ensuing timings on the record window, then leave machine in standby. A weakness is that you then can't then watch anything on other sources whilst waiting to record. Have a great Christmas, what is left of it, and a happy 2014, wish we were over there this year.

Edited by JTQ

Thanks for the response.

One of the problems (and it is a pretty big one!!) we get is we cannot seem to 'bring up' the record window!!

The EPG we get doesn't cover SKY only Freeview and no matter what we do, if we touch the record button it starts to record straight away and we don't seem to have the ability to change the times.

Hopefully it is just operator error (me) and after the holidays we can speak with the official importers of the TV here in NZ to get clarification; the 'manual' is not that helpful.

Have a great Christmas.

John

Sorry; we get on generic satellite reception [not Sky but piggy backed off it] with the Avtex a rudimentary EPG, a "now and next", it is from that we can pull up a record window. Then with knowledge of pending programmes, not any on screen info, we can blindly step way into the future for those programmes that are not immediate. If that makes sense; its the "sherry"!