Bye Bye Bailey

digger65

A deal has been done and we've got rid . ..... HELLO Adria Isonzo

Shogun SWB, Adria Isonzo +Dwt Paradies 280 . ... 78% match. Pitchin next to you sometime. ..!!!!

digger, i hope you have many happy nights away. if its any where near as good to you as our Altea has been you will wonder why you waited so long. happy christmas :-)

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Congratulations. ......!!

Looks a very, very nice caravan, big heavy beast though and perhaps not for the masses, even so it seems a quality product.

G40

Edited by Gaz40

And welcome back to walls that hold water absorbing materials.

only if it gets in in the first place will it become a problem :-)

Edited by clairendave

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

That's a cheap and needless post. ....

Adria seem to have excellent reliability rates (according to owners) and to condemn something that's not yet had any issues is very sad, even more for the potential owner. Post another caravan make that's been water tight.

It seems logical to me that's its the quality of design, build and materials that keeps a caravan dry. Not some marketing ploy.

Adria are using new bonding techniques with a proven method of their build, if I where to put money on a dry caravan, it would be on a Adria product.

Edited by Gaz40

Arrived at York yesterday. Front of a drawer has fallen off and the stereo is dead. Along with the fridge light which the dealer has under investigation. Little niggles don't spoil your holiday BUT you do start to wonder if there is an alternative to this thrown together British rubbish.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Adria - Nice van and appears to be well put together. My only concern is the resale value - I have friends who have experienced massive trade in losses on Adria, Hobby and other non UK vans.

nice looking van just seen the guy doing the You-tube tour.

1800 when fully laden -- touch to big for us -- but it is nice. .

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

Adria - Nice van and appears to be well put together. My only concern is the resale value - I have friends who have experienced massive trade in losses on Adria, Hobby and other non UK vans.

pre 2009/2010 maybe so. post those dates (thermobuild onwards) have very good resale values.

My measure is what is the resale value as a percentage of list when 3 years old - Swift, Lunar and Bailey are always up there. Maybe if dealers offered guaranteed future value like they do with cars?

My first job in the new year is re-sealing an Adria. (2010) Window seals and rooflights. may have to do a stripout as walls are a bit pimply. They leak just the same as UK vans.

Gem Caravans (Fife) Ltd.

ALL MAKES SERVICING AND REPAIRS

BAILEY TRANSIENT WARRANTY, LUNAR AND COACHMAN WARRANTY

www. gemcaravancare.co.uk 07803 922945

WORKSHOP NOW OPEN

Dougie, don't forget to use a sealant that cannot attack the polyester. is it warranty work your doing as they have 6year ingress on a 2010?

My first job in the new year is re-sealing an Adria. (2010) Window seals and rooflights. may have to do a stripout as walls are a bit pimply. They leak just the same as UK vans.

Being trade and a Bailey Authorised repair, will Adria allow you to undertake the repairs (Adria stipulates servicing and warranty repairs at Adria dealers only)

Edited by Gaz40

Had an Adria 502 UP, new in 2003,fantastic caravan never had a problem,and for its year, fixed bed, shock absorbers, things that British Manufactures have only done recently no damp problems,Now changed to a bailey unicorn 2 and have read all the horror stories and so far only blind has fault,shower not leaking, front draws do catch on cushions but can live with.

Had an Adria 502 UP, new in 2003,fantastic caravan never had a problem,and for its year, fixed bed, shock absorbers, things that British Manufactures have only done recently no damp problems,Now changed to a bailey unicorn 2 and have read all the horror stories and so far only blind has fault,shower not leaking, front draws do catch on cushions but can live with.

Don't worry my Bailey is watertight and the minor problems I had with the heater and the mattress have been sorted quickly and really they are external manufacturers anyway. I am sure you will love your van as much as we love our lightweight van that is economical to tow and suits us just fine. The adria model similar to ours could not be towed by our car or would fit on our drive so to get one would mean a car and house swap. I think I will pass for the moment.

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4

1, thought ours was water tight . ... it's not. 2, re sale value it's worth jack s. ...! 3, size and weight . .. got a shogun . 4, servicing all sorted, got a mate who is adria approved. 5, I've had 6 new caravans over the last 20 years and the 624 has been the coldest draughtiest thing we have ever lived in. :-)

Shogun SWB, Adria Isonzo +Dwt Paradies 280 . ... 78% match. Pitchin next to you sometime. ..!!!!