Unhappy Wife..

cugsy

. ..for a change. :P Well, as far as I can tell there's nowt else to be done to the 'van. We've even bought fire extinguisher and blanket for when she cooks. .And a memory foam mattress topper for the bed. Its starting to all add up and we still have the storage to sort out and pay for. Then we go away next week. Well, she was happy.

Until her mum called to say that they've arrived in Barcelona for a week and its glorious sunshine and 20C. Its blowing a hooley here and a wee bit chilly. And she's got a cold too.

My life will be a living hell until we go back to work. I hope the weather gets better. A few days in a caravan in Skeggy versus a week in the Med. Oh dear :huh: :(:blink::rolleyes::o

Try Gin. A lot of gin. And cake. Also chocolate is good. Always works for me. Promise nice meal out and tea in bed. Do not mention nice bracing walks. Draw curtains so she can't see seagulls flying backwards in the wind and crank up heating. Worth a try!

MrsS

Subaru Legacy towing a Luna Clubman 475 CK2 (we hope!)

All we are saying, is give bees a chance

Hi cugsy. You could sit down with the calculator and run through the consequences of doing what you will eventually do with your caravan when it begins to become an expensive option and begins draining your pockets. TRADE IT IT for a newer and less costly option ;) .

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Oh dear - not sure that's recoverable! I take it you're away in the 'van.

However - if you connect with your feminine side and 'understand' her feelings, which let's face it only amounts to a touch of green, then promise some meals out, hot drinks on demand and perhaps a fleecy onesie if required for any chill experienced, then don't lose your cool and stay upbeat yourself no matter what, you just might survive.

It might also help if you remind her of the dangers of Spanish tummy. .. :ph34r:

T00ts

You've only failed when you've stopped trying! xx

Hi, Why not buy her a ticket for Spain so she can be with her mother and you could have the house to your self or invite a load of friends over. :ph34r:

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

That was mentioned. .something along the lines of ' I can pack in half an hour. .'..That would be a first. The thing is though, thw caravan was her idea. We could have gone away and waited until spring for the caravan. ..Kobyashi Maru. .No win scenario

Hi, Why not buy her a ticket for Spain so she can be with her mother and you could have the house to your self or invite a load of friends over. :ph34r:

Oooooh! That's naughty - talk about Christmas spirit! :lol:

T00ts

As always the root of all evil and particular in this situation is the M-i-L!

She's bragging about her situation in order to make your life miserable!!

Only solution. .. in increasing order of effectiveness is. ..

1) Delete the M-i-L's number from your wife's phone that way she may not answer when the caller is un-identifiable;

2) Arrange for your M-i-L to lose her phone;

3) Take out a contract on the M-i-L!!!

If the first two don't work the third will!!!

LOL. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

G

Sort it out of pronto Cugsy. .. Mrs Smeesh started loosing the Caravan bug a couple of years ago so much so my van is now very close to being sold . ... :(

GAS . .. :angry:

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

Cugsy, just buy the lady a good old fashioned practical gift. .may I suggest an hot water bottle ;)

Sounds like you may be a Trekkie with Kobyashi Maru reference, So you already know the way out of your dilemma if that's the case. .......you just cheat. :lol:

you could give her £5, that way she could get herself something nice in the sales

kot

pigs

Edited by pigsfly

Much wise advice here cugsy.

Assert yourself and turn a negative in to a positive eg: 'But my love/sweet/dearest/darling (delete whichever) I remember quite clearly when you suggested we ought to buy a caravan. ...........................' 'Yes I know the weather is warmer is Spain at the moment but didn't you say you liked a traditional British Christmas and New Year'?

Failing that. ........................... Foot on throat usually works. . :wub: . ...........(Allegedly)

Regards.

Col

Proud to be a Patriot and CT Ninja
I get the feeling that beneath your sesquipedalian loquaciousness you're the same kind of fundamentalist intent on winning arguments through Argumentum Verbosium.

Or say you could take the van down to Barcelona in the summer. ..

I'm with the others, get her a ticket! Then you will get more room in the van, watch any tv you want/stay down the pub as long as you want (delete as appropriate), still have a good time and won't get it in the neck every 5mins!

Or say you could take the van down to Barcelona in the summer. ..

I'm with the others, get her a ticket! Then you will get more room in the van, watch any tv you want/stay down the pub as long as you want (delete as appropriate), still have a good time and won't get it in the neck every 5mins!

Hi chaps. I understand that La Manga del Mar Menor is the place for Caravanner's Winter Sun. A heck of a hike but I understand that most do it for a 10week out and back. It leaves a 2week buffer before the 90 days is up.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Now chaps let's not get too chauvinistic here! This good lady is just throwing a small wobbly and is stressed about Christmas like so many of us girls. Once the big 'cook' is over she will be fine I'm sure.

I know you all have tongue in cheek with your suggestions (I hope :( ), so let's cut the lady some slack, give all the girls a hand to make Christmas special for everyone out there, we women all work ourselves to a frazzle in the run-up, and are mostly already shattered when everyone else is just getting into the spirit of things.

There is often a huge sigh of relief when the last Noel is sounded, albeit quietly over the kitchen sink. Then go and heat up the 'van and take her away for a well earned rest, where YOU do most of the chores. She will love it!

T00ts

That was mentioned. .something along the lines of ' I can pack in half an hour. .'..That would be a first. The thing is though, thw caravan was her idea. We could have gone away and waited until spring for the caravan. ..Kobyashi Maru. .No win scenario

You need to remember how Kirk solved that particular situation. ............he cheated - he changed the rules of engagement. ..... you need to get a bit more creative :)

Jim

Lunar Clubman SE Towed by Vauxhall Vivaro containing 6 border collies

Yesssss. ...well, the weather is looking better. Her cold is going and she's getting ready for the off on the 28th. Lots of warm clothes and heaters etc. Thanks to all for the warm hearted recommendations - and the cold blooded ones. My wife is a lovely but crazy women - her mother is just crazy. Peace out folks.

Trade the caravan for a new model. ..or

Better still keep the caravan and trade the wife for a newer model. (:-)

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

Now chaps let's not get too chauvinistic here! This good lady is just throwing a small wobbly and is stressed about Christmas like so many of us girls. Once the big 'cook' is over she will be fine I'm sure.

I know you all have tongue in cheek with your suggestions (I hope :( ), so let's cut the lady some slack, give all the girls a hand to make Christmas special for everyone out there, we women all work ourselves to a frazzle in the run-up, and are mostly already shattered when everyone else is just getting into the spirit of things.

There is often a huge sigh of relief when the last Noel is sounded, albeit quietly over the kitchen sink. Then go and heat up the 'van and take her away for a well earned rest, where YOU do most of the chores. She will love it!

I do the Christmas cooking & washing up ( i hate christmas ! ) --- wife is the " entertainer" of visitors !

david

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

I do the Christmas cooking & washing up

Just finished the same myself, but then I do a lot of the cooking anyway whether at home or away. Time now for "feet up" until tea time when it all starts again :)

Enjoy the rest of the day,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I do the Christmas cooking & washing up ( i hate christmas ! ) --- wife is the " entertainer" of visitors !

david

Snap!

Mine wouldn't know a saucepan if you put it in front of her