Quick Connect / Release Battery Terminal Connector

Has anybody used the quick battery connectors on their caravan? Before I purchase a pair, I am looking at the pros and cons. ..your experience would be appreciated.

Has anybody used the quick battery connectors on their caravan? Before I purchase a pair, I am looking at the pros and cons. ..your experience would be appreciated.

Can only speak for myself but they are one of the best things I ever bought.

No problems at all.

Should be standard fit IMHO.

Ian

I use them cos I have 2 batteries which I change over on 'van in storage - cheaper (for me) than messing with solar. They do, however, need slightly more headroom that the 'normal' connectors and if you have one of those batteries on which the handle when closed covers the terminals then they will not fit at all. If they fit they work very well.

Sam :beardy:

Can only speak for myself but they are one of the best things I ever bought.

No problems at all.

Should be standard fit IMHO.

Ian

Ditto. Easy to fit. Well worth doing. I have the mover and the solar panel cabled in to each of them too.

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Thats the next mod I'll be doing.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

Personally I would not trust them and use the bolt clamped type. I have never purchased a car where the maker has fitted quick release battery connections.

I have used this type of clip for many years and have had not had any problems at all you may need to pull battery out to push down clips and then push back

Can anyone recommend a source for these clip-on connectors that actually fit.

One of the connectors in the last set I bought would nowhere fit the battery post - or am I the only one with a battery where the posts are different sizes (Banner Energy Bull).

Land Rover is now back towing.

Check the height of the battery and whether the clamps fit in the battery box. I have a 135ah numax battery and it won't fit if anything is higher than the posts.

Clamps won't be used on car installations as the amp draw for starting a car is considerably higher than that of the caravan draw.

I use some clamps for a test battery I have in the garage and providing the cables are tight and clamps in good working order, they work well and clamp the battery post solidly

Can anyone recommend a source for these clip-on connectors that actually fit.

One of the connectors in the last set I bought would nowhere fit the battery post - or am I the only one with a battery where the posts are different sizes (Banner Energy Bull).

I payed around 4ukp inc del on fleabay. ..

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

I have never purchased a car where the maker has fitted quick release battery connections.

My Citroen has 1 as standard, only one though as the neg terminal has a standard bolt one. Maybe due to the battery being with the passenger compartment.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

quote "One of the connectors in the last set I bought would nowhere fit the battery post - or am I the only one with a battery where the posts are different sizes (Banner Energy Bull)."

As far as I am aware the positive terminal post is always bigger than the negative.

knarf

Personally I would not trust them and use the bolt clamped type. I have never purchased a car where the maker has fitted quick release battery connections.

The guy is referring to his caravan not his car !

Steve - Land Cruiser Amazon Auto + Pageant Series 5 Champagne

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.

I use them and would not be without them due to my CL/CS two battery technique.

I don't know if there are different types but I have complete confidence in the ones I have as they push on with a nice firm action and they appear to be impossible to move/twist without removing using the correct method.

Education is important but beer is more importanter.

The guy is referring to his caravan not his car !

I am more than bright enough to know that and IMO drawing a comparison remains valid,

I took a car for MOT with the quick release clamps on the battery and they failed it. ?

I fitted them because I had a charging fault on the car and was swapping two batteries until I got round to fixing it.

Happy enough to use them on the caravan never had any issues.

I took a car for MOT with the quick release clamps on the battery and they failed it. ?

Strange we were told earlier here that Citroen use clamp ons on the C8??

My Citroen C5 had them as standard, no MOT problems. Very useful to reboot the six computers which needed doing every so often. Loved that car despite the problems.

Much better quality than the standard ones you can buy (though I have never had a problem with them). Might be an idea to pick up a pair from a scrap yard.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Have used them for years - just make sure you put the red one on the positive ( + ) post.

david

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

Strange indeed JTQ, maybe it was because the MOT guy hadn't seen the like before. I'm going back a few years. If I recall he stated something along the lines that they could become detached in an accident. Not a brilliant argument I thought at the time, seemed much safer to me you cant cause a spark if the terminals are covered, unlike the usual type of clamp.

John is it not easier to pull the 50amp fuse to reboot the electronics. ...I find it is on the Jeep, ah technology don't you just love it :rolleyes:

Edited by Fenrir

Thank you all for your responses. I will purchase a pair just for my leisure battery for the caravan but certainly would not use them for my car.

Ian

If they are the same as the ones we have . They clip on rather than needing to be bolted on. Yes they are a bit better but due to the battery box being so small and the battery so tight in the box it's still not easy. They are better but we find the clips are very stiff and quite hard to lift up to remove and put on.

We would still use these though.

Citroen C5.

Picasso

Probably more Cits and Pugs

Lunar Zenith Citroen C5 2. 2 HDI Citroen Picasso 1. 6 HDI. , Vauxhall Vectra Design 150 bhp Soon to be, 2014 Sprite Major 4 sr. With ATC.
The Internet has had no effect on my life whatsoever. com

I used them on my boat for years and never had any problems. Only for the service battery though. The engine start battery had bolt on connectors. Likewise I use them on the van but wouldn't use them on the car.

I have noticed that some are better than others so I wouldn't go for really cheap ones.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning