Post 2000 Caravans (Door Forward Of The Axle/axles)

AWanderingLancastrian

Hi to you all out there.

I am interested in knowing how many of the current owners of Elddis/The Explorer Group caravan owners have vans made after the year 2000.

I have also posted a question and poll into Caravan Chat,it is about membership of The Elddis Owners Club.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

2007 Compass Rallye 640

2013 Avante 462 (but badged as dealer special Magnum GT 462) - door behind Axle

2010 buccaneer argosy with no cracks in rear panel ornear side window unlike mylate schooner

Hi to you all out there.

I am interested in knowing how many of the current owners of Elddis/The Explorer Group caravan owners have vans made after the year 2000.

I know it doesn't apply to me, but curiosity has got the better of me - is there a particular problem with caravans with doors in front of the axle?

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

I know it doesn't apply to me, but curiosity has got the better of me - is there a particular problem with caravans with doors in front of the axle?

Hi G&L. Seemingly not with caravans other than from the the CT forum section that this post is entered into.

If however there are others out there from the many other manufacturers then,I for one would be very interested in knowing what the problem is/was.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

2009 compass corona club 544

paul

Vw Passat V6 4 Motion
2009 Compass Corona Club 544

2010 crusader cyclone with door foward of wheels - creases between top of door and top fridge vent, leaking between roof and rear panel also front side windows :(

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

2013 Crusader Tempest eb. Had so many faults I had to pay to Exchange for a second identical caravan, no leaks yet though.

2013 Crusader Tempest eb. Had so many faults I had to pay to Exchange for a second identical caravan, no leaks yet though.

Couldn't you reject under sale of goods act and get refund or replacement - paying to change a defective new caravan is appalling!

Edited by Muddywheels

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

2011 crusader super cyclone

If at first you don't succeed. ..... give up and pay someone to do it who knows what they are doing.

Couldn't you reject under sale of goods act and get refund or replacement - paying to change a defective new caravan is appalling!

maybe I could have, it was going to cost 4750 for a 2014 (which I didn't want due to the sunroof) or 2750 for the same again. I love the caravan faults included:

faulty cupboard catches

2 x broken corner steadies (winding up)

dinette rail fell off the wall and the dealer drilled through the outer wall when fixing

IDC function intermittent

faulty reading light

pitted wardrobe door

delivered with a damaged front cabinet

IDC light fell out

hopefully replacement will be better!

See below. ...

Early problem with leak around edge of front roof-vent. ....fixed promptly.

Edited by Nick_Pam

Buccaneer Cruiser (June 2016) PowrTouch Evolution AWD Mover, Isabella Magnum Porch & 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Tow Car - 125Kg on the nose, towing at 72%

2013 Tempest EB

What exactly will we learn from this inane thread?

Hi Davros. Insane it may seem but I can assure you,INSANE IT ISN'T.

When you have issues with your caravan along the lines of those that the other lengthy and now locked thread has already and will still keep flagging up,you will not be so quick to be to judge about/on something that at present you probably know very little of and could even possibly know absolutely nothing of or about.

Hi Davros 18

It may seem an inane thread to the lucky owners who are not effected but heartbraking to any that are.

Affected by what - I assume you are referring to the cracking thread that has been locked (although we don't yet know why but I am sure Ben will enlighten us on his return) but the OP simply asks for who owns Elddis / Explorer Group caravans after 2000 without going on to explain what this information is for.

Hi Davros. Insane it may seem but I can assure you,INSANE IT ISN'T.

When you have issues with your caravan along the lines of those that the other lengthy and now locked thread has already and will still keep flagging up,you will not be so quick to be to judge about/on something that at present you probably know very little of and could even possibly know absolutely nothing of or about.

Sorry your response makes absolutely no sense, I said the thread was INANE not INSANE also please explain how my response passed any judgment with reference to the cracking thread and the owners suffering with the issue.

All the best for 2014

Davros

Affected by what - I assume you are referring to the cracking thread that has been locked (although we don't yet know why but I am sure Ben will enlighten us on his return) but the OP simply asks for who owns Elddis / Explorer Group caravans after 2000 without going on to explain what this information is for.

Sorry your response makes absolutely no sense, I said the thread was INANE not INSANE also please explain how my response passed any judgment with reference to the cracking thread and the owners suffering with the issue.

All the best for 2014

Davros

Mmm. .... Door Crack. ... Crack Door. ....could there be a link I wonder !!!

Look like I could have posted that comment on the wrong page in my ponderings.

2005 Crusader Hurricane. Microwave packed up over Christmas! No fault of Elddis though!

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

2007 Crusader Storm -usual problem with cracks around front side window. According to Elddis this was due to pot hole damage and so became an insurance job even though Elddis never saw the van. Repairer suggested by Elddis charged £7000 + for insurance company to repair. Still not convinced thath this was due to pot hole damage, but hey oh van is now repaired.

2007 Crusader Storm -usual problem with cracks around front side window. According to Elddis this was due to pot hole damage and so became an insurance job even though Elddis never saw the van. Repairer suggested by Elddis charged £7000 + for insurance company to repair. Still not convinced thath this was due to pot hole damage, but hey oh van is now repaired.

Hi De This is a thoroughly disgusting state of affairs. The manufacturer gets away with it,and the insurance company and ultimately the insured party and presumably everyone else on the books of that insurance company contribute their bit with increased premiums.

It is similar to Motor Insurance,we are charge a premium for the uninsured drivers and then another Insurance Company wants to offer a policy to cover against the event. An event that is an even more likely event than has ever been the case in the past.

This is yet another nail in the coffin of the manufacturer and we are not 'Allowed' to name & shame.

They boldly carry on turning out products that ultimately will cost the unwitting owners of both new and pre-owned very very dearly.

This is yet another nail in the coffin of the manufacturer and we are not 'Allowed' to name & shame.

Very dramatic John, but everyone knows who the manufacturer is by the number of topics and posts on the subject

To be fair, in my case the repairer appears to be almost as bad as the manufacturer. If I was the only one referred to this repairer I could possibly understand things. However, the repairer has a steady supply of vans being referred by Elddis, and as my experience suggests, first thing is to blame pot hole damage. Personally, I just can't see how potholes can twist 2 axels that easily. If they do, then aren't the axels not fit for purpose in the first place. Whilst my van is now repaired, I am left waiting for more problems to occur yet also in the position of being too frightened to buy a new van if quality is so poor. This issue is well known about and several friends that I rally with in the Elddis Owners Club have had similar issues. However their problems were covered by warranty as their vans were slightly newer than mine. It's time Elddis bit the bullet and owned up to this issue.