Just Thinking Ahead....

MonkeyMark

Our current tug, a Citroen C8, is starting to have a few issues. They are currently being sorted and hope it continues to serve us well. Time will tell.

But just in case, Id like to make a sort of short list of alternatives so thought I'd ask for suggestions, but it's a tight budget.

Required.

It would need to be a 7 seater.

Also front facing seats, not keen on the 6th & 7th seats being inward facing.

Capable of pulling our van with mpltm of 1380kg (I think that's right)

Budget of £3k to £4k.

Desirable

Diesel

4 wheel drive as intend to rally as much as we can.

Current car has max nose weight of 70kg, more would be better as it requires bottles removal each trip.

Still have some boot space when seats are in use.

More power. Our 107bhp manages but requires effort.

Obvious one is early td5 disco, also maybe rexton but don't know much about them.

So, what others should be considered too?

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

1300mtplm Mark, but always best to go over and above that figure ready for when you change to a Astella Glam. ;-)

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

1300mtplm Mark, but always best to go over and above that figure ready for when you change to a Astella Glam. ;-)

That was my thinking. Couldn't remember exactly so over estimated. Not sure what I was doing with the abbreviation though, I'll blame predictive text for that one ;)

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

Nissan Terrano?

http://www. autotrader. co. uk/classified/advert/201312160560367/sort/default/usedcars/postcode/rg183ha/price-to/4500/price-from/3500/radius/1500/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/body-type/4x4/maximum-mileage/up_to_80000_miles/page/8/fuel-type/diesel?logcode=p

definitely not !! I had a 54 plate ---- everything that could go wrong --- went wrong. ..Rusty all over at 1 year old. ..chassis and panels. ..electrical issues. ..rear lights clusters failed. ..Differential at rear locked up 4 times --- ( has clutch type plates in diff that lock up - so makes a great grinding noises when turning in car parks )

Steer clear of the Terrano !!

Rexton or Hyundai Terracan

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Volvo XC90.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.