Bailey Ranger 550/6 2004 Front Window Wood Replacement

foggydave

I have a Bailey Ranger 550/6 year 2004 It has the full width front widow. I noticed water was getting in and upon inspection found the body had a hairline crack in above the widow in the center of the van.

I stripped the window seal and have found the wood across the top of the window need replacing as it has water damage ie rot and damp. (I think water has been getting in for a few years)

I can change the wood which is just a question of cutting out the bad wood and splicing in some new.

My problem is the water also damaged the shelf which runs along the top of the window and it needs replacing. The wood is 3/4 inch ply with a light brown veneer.

Question - Does anyone know where I can source this light brown shade/colour of wood from?

It appears that this splitting of the body over the window on Bailey caravans manufactured 2004/2005 with the full width single front window is quite common.

Pear furniture board is still available from Bailey, but it has a tendency to stain with black marks at the smallest amount of moisture. Plus the large single window has a tendency to leak. So if you intend to cure the marks use a veneer or laminate which won't be effected by water.

Follow Reads. Main Dealership for Bailey, Swift, Sterling, Lunar Venus.

www. readcaravans. com

socialfacebook.png socialtwitter.png

2013 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Servicing. 2012 CaravanTalk Winner Best Caravan Servicing 2011 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2010 Practical Caravan - Dealer of the Year

Hi Thanks for the prompt replies. This is what the web is all about.

FiveStar would you have a link for bailey spares as I cannot find one who supplies the shelf,or do I go through a main dealer. Thanks