Peugeot Service

langers8

Just had a 60. 000ml service at peugeot garage thought I'd have a look under the bonnet. steering fluid bellow min, air filter dirty( grass, flies, crane fly, grit ) this was supposed to be cleaned and not replaced. dipstick not fully replaced ( O ring seal 10mm above tube ) fuel filter looks as if its been cleaned with a cleaning fluid as it has a damp sheen on it this should have been replaced at a cost of nearly £70 for the filter. These are just items I can visually check, god knows what they have actually checked for £270. And they wanted another £70 to change the gearbox oil, how the hell do they justify that the oil cost was £15 so they wanted £55 just to take the plug out and let it drain whilst doing the rest of the service what I was paying for all ready. Can't put my thoughts as it won't make the forum.

Edited by langers8

Go back and ask them what exactly they have done! Why would they clean an air filter and

not replace it?

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Apparently the service schedule calls for this with the air filter. This has been the norm since new, clean one service, change the next . I've sent them an email with photos so see what they say. The engine is the same as in your LR 2 with a bit of tweaking by LR for a better oil flow on gradients great tower and decent mpg.