Roll On The New Year

Halohodge

Best time at Christmas is January 1st. , start planning for the New Year, now where will we go, firstly France again, must go this year as 100th. anniversary of the start of First World War and visit again the area where my grandad, fell in March 1918 near Albert on the Somme. Next must go to Scotland, must be 30 years since I have last been, thought I better go before I need a passport, then I thought I might try Essex, and region that I have neglected so far. The rest is up in the air but thats the joy of caravanning, freedom to go where you please. Now where`s that brochure.

Swift Fairway pulled by a Ford Mondeo 2. 0 Business Edition 5 door hatchback

Adventure before Dementia

Next must go to Scotland, must be 30 years since I have last been, thought I better go before I need a passport,

. .... I don't think that will happen . ....... not much in favour for seperation . ...

Cheers

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

Ba hum bug, whats up with ya? there's still 10 days left, its not too cold, winter won't be arriving this side of auld Lang what's us name showing his face. We're off to the Cotswolds after santa's visit, for merriment in the new year.

Ba hum bug, whats up with ya? there's still 10 days left, its not too cold, winter won't be arriving this side of auld Lang what's us name showing his face. We're off to the Cotswolds after santa's visit, for merriment in the new year.

If you believe the forecast you might get blown away or flooded in the next 10 days.

. .... I don't think that will happen . ....... not much in favour for seperation . ...

Cheers

Pete

What`s the midge like in September, thinking of going to Luss.

Are you going to stay near Albert? We are also planning to visit the Picardy area to visit the Somme battlefields as my great uncle fell there. We found his grave a couple of years ago and before we were caravanners. So plan to go back this spring in Lily Luna and have bought Major and Mrs Holt's battlefield guide to the Somme. If anyone has a good site recommendation . ..... It will be our first trip abroad in a caravan. Given our propensity for having 'interesting' experiences when caravanning it might be nice to have a recommended site to save CaptS's blood pressure.

MrsS

Subaru Legacy towing a Luna Clubman 475 CK2 (we hope!)

All we are saying, is give bees a chance

Are you going to stay near Albert? We are also planning to visit the Picardy area to visit the Somme battlefields as my great uncle fell there. We found his grave a couple of years ago and before we were caravanners. So plan to go back this spring in Lily Luna and have bought Major and Mrs Holt's battlefield guide to the Somme. If anyone has a good site recommendation . ..... It will be our first trip abroad in a caravan. Given our propensity for having 'interesting' experiences when caravanning it might be nice to have a recommended site to save CaptS's blood pressure.

MrsS

We use the Camping and Caravanning site at Amiens, Parc des Cygnes, easy to find and quite central for the Somme battlefields, if you feel fit you can cycle into Amiens along the Somme Canal, take about 40 mins, well worth the effort,` bikes can be hired on site`.

If you believe the forecast you might get blown away or flooded in the next 10 days.

I don't and hopefully won't !

Besides, I'll be on holiday and don't care

Seasons greetings to all

Edited by Phil O

MrsS

We stayed at camping jeugdstadion, 10 min stroll to Menin Gate, plenty of organised war walks available, good location for visiting all museums, Commonwealth war cemeteries, you'll probably need to book early as its going to be busy next year, see my review of the site in reviews section? ACSI accepted

Phil

Edited by Phil O

We use the Camping and Caravanning site at Amiens, Parc des Cygnes, easy to find and quite central for the Somme battlefields, if you feel fit you can cycle into Amiens along the Somme Canal, take about 40 mins, well worth the effort,` bikes can be hired on site`.

Same here, we have used it twice when visiting my great uncle's grave at Adanac Military Cemetery, Miraumont.

And they take the ACSI card for off season discount, if you have it

, and have found staff very helpful.

What`s the midge like in September, thinking of going to Luss.

Hi, September is mostly OK . ... July and August are the worst months . ...

But check out this web-site

http://midgeforecast. co. uk/home

They are closed not . .... so bookmark it for later . ...

Enjoy Scotland . .... as GAS says (in a roundabout way) get further north . ..

Cheers

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

Hi, September is mostly OK . ... July and August are the worst months . ...

But check out this web-site

http://midgeforecast. co. uk/home

They are closed not . .... so bookmark it for later . ...

Enjoy Scotland . .... as GAS says (in a roundabout way) get further north . ..

Cheers

Pete

Noted

Bit off topic but. ..

Interesting Pierre19. regarding the Scots' interest in independence.

We in England don't seem to be getting much info on the Mr Average take on independence.

The UK Government and Our Alex spouting their extreme views seems to be all the networks show.

Gobur Carousel 12/2 TD

Coachman Amara 380/2

Swift Challenger Hi Style 425 pushing a Ford Kuga AWD

The great thing about planning a holiday is that nothing goes wrong at the planning stage and you can have hours of fun planning and then change your mind. I must have spent at least eight hours looking at routes and sites for a proposed German trip next spring. We have now decided to buy a new car with delivery in March and don't fancy taking it straight abroad so now I am going to start planning a Scotland trip instead. Thanks for the midge web site as I will need that.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Thanks for the recommendations for the Amiens site. CaptS is looking at it as we speak. We are going off season and we do have ASCI so that's a bonus.

MrsS

Subaru Legacy towing a Luna Clubman 475 CK2 (we hope!)

All we are saying, is give bees a chance

I won't be looking forward to the new year, it will mean our 2013 caravan has suddenly become yesterdays news!!! :unsure:

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

I won't be looking forward to the new year, it will mean our 2013 caravan has suddenly become yesterdays news!!! :unsure:

I know how you feel, luckly ours is a 2013 Swift Fairway so it does look like the new models from Swift without any obvious pointers to 2014, least I think so.

Merry Christmas