Dip In Roof Of Ib4

SUFFOLK BOY

I have an IB4 which i took to the South of France in September immediatly after picking it up apart from a quick trial week-end, and have done about 3000 miles with it and am over the moon with the van !

One thing does worry me however and that is the fact that the roof dips on the slideout side front end between the back off the front window and the front off the slide and a damn great puddle of water sits in it, eterniti tells me this is normal and that many off the vans have this in different areas of the roof !

I am not convinced and wonder if other owners have the same or similar problems ?

I would say that Eterniti have been very good in dealing with other issues and fully intend to publish a report on this forum in the near future. :(

I have to say my roof is not actually flat length ways, I know its a curved roof but I hope you know what I mean.

It was not very obvious until I bonded the thin film solar panel to it and that showed up a slight depression.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

Not on my IB4 but could imagine how it could happen. On our previous Bailey Unicorn it did the same thing small puddle would form.

What I did notice is a random metal plate 2/3 towards the rear on the offside.

Usually rubber roofs are ply wood sheet then the rubber sheet covers the ply. Could orig been hit by a overhanging branch?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

• 4 weeks later...

I have an IB4 which i took to the South of France in September immediatly after picking it up apart from a quick trial week-end, and have done about 3000 miles with it and am over the moon with the van !

One thing does worry me however and that is the fact that the roof dips on the slideout side front end between the back off the front window and the front off the slide and a damn great puddle of water sits in it, eterniti tells me this is normal and that many off the vans have this in different areas of the roof !

I am not convinced and wonder if other owners have the same or similar problems ?

I would say that Eterniti have been very good in dealing with other issues and fully intend to publish a report on this forum in the near future. :(

You say the dip is on the slideout section of roof?My van has had a leaf guard fitted which covers the roof of the slideout so no water actually sits on the roof and the leaf guard retracts in as normal.

Gee

Hi Gee,

Can you explain what you mean by a leaf guard please. I have an IB4 but there's no leaf guard fitted.

Mark

Mark

It is an extra on the van.

The leaf guard is a fabric that attaches to the slide out so that when it is fully out it forms a cover over the top of the slide out roof and with it sloping water runs off and does not pool on the slide out roof. When the slide out is retracted it just folds in with the slide out no problem.

if you contact Denis at Eterniti i am sure he will sort one out for you.

Gee

A lot of american slide outs use a roll blind type of thing that unrolls as the slideout goes out and rolls back up as it retracts,seems like a good idea

I aint getting on no plane. ....FOOL !!!

Eterniti Genisis IB4 behind a VW Amarok

I had one on my Yankee fifth wheel be careful in high winds mine ripped and blew off.

I appreciate the input. There is not much canvas for the wind to get under bur it is worth rembering for the future.

Gee

A lot of american slide outs use a roll blind type of thing that unrolls as the slideout goes out and rolls back up as it retracts,seems like a good idea

They usually put a football under the blind to help the rain run off and stop it puddling.

Dave

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

They usually put a football under the blind to help the rain run off and stop it puddling.

Dave

Those in the states usually have 3 to 4 slides that's a lot of footballs and they are anything up to 15 ft long I have seen them get ripped off in the wind.

Those in the states usually have 3 to 4 slides that's a lot of footballs and they are anything up to 15 ft long I have seen them get ripped off in the wind.

They actually sell inflatable tubes that are wedge shaped to put a rake on the covers so the rain does not puddle but most owners I find use a ball as they are cheap.

Dave

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Hi

The leaf guard on my IB4 is already sloping and it is only approx 700mm wide so there should not to much of a problem with wind ripping it off.

Gee