Ssangyong New Model Release

poppyman

SsangYong have released a new Rexton model this month with a 2litre engine and they say tows 3 tons, has anyone seen and tried one yet.

SsangYong have released a new Rexton model this month with a 2litre engine and they say tows 3 tons, has anyone seen and tried one yet.

A dealership near me went over to Ssang Yong earlier in the year and loaned me 3 Korandos for road tests for a rally I ran nearby. I was very impressed with the drive. They were waiting for the new Rexton then and still haven't got one in yet. I'm sure it will be worth a view.

Bill

I've never been in a rexton but they seem like very good tow cars for the price.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

I've never been in a rexton but they seem like very good tow cars for the price.

They are. ..at least the older models were. ..I'm up to 112,000 in mine. ......there are quite a few Rexton owners on his forum. ...as some SSY haters too. .....

A friend of mine, a former rally driver, bought a Korando when they came out roughly two years ago, he normall y had big Nissans or Volvos. ..he is so pleased with this car he has his name down for a Rexton when dealer gets it in.

For North East readers, as you will know Leisure World ( Catterick Caravans) have the franchise at Catterick, Washington & York sites now. .......

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Viewed a Rexton at the NEC show back in October and can remember being impressed by the spec for the money,don't think there were any imported to the dealers at the time.

Never took it any further as our nearest dealer is away over the other side of Leeds and decided it would be too much bother every time you needed to visit.

Ian

Edited by Tandem Man

Not tried one but here is a link to some pics, apparently it's just an upgrade of the previous model. .......

http://www. honestjohn. co. uk/carbycar/ssangyong/rexton-w-2013/

Volvo XC60 & Hobby Premium 540efu

They are. ..at least the older models were. ..I'm up to 112,000 in mine. ......there are quite a few Rexton owners on his forum. ...as some SSY haters too. .....

A friend of mine, a former rally driver, bought a Korando when they came out roughly two years ago, he normall y had big Nissans or Volvos. ..he is so pleased with this car he has his name down for a Rexton when dealer gets it in.

For North East readers, as you will know Leisure World ( Catterick Caravans) have the franchise at Catterick, Washington & York sites now. .......

geoff

Thanks Geoff. Why don't you come along to Catterick and see Gary for a chat and a test drive. As Geoff said they are at Ebor and Tyneside now too.

Regards

Vicky

post-38857-0-87830300-1351008423_thumb.jpg
www.leisureworldgroup.com
post-38857-0-37340800-1349458087_thumb.jpg

"A Family Firm with Family Values"

Winner of the 2012 Caravan Talk Best Dealer Award

Regional and Overall Winner of the Practical Caravan Dealer of the Year 2011

Winner of the 2012 Caravan Times Reader Award for the Most Popular Caravan Dealership

Just been looking at a video of the Korando Sports,might go for a butchers at one of those in the new year.

Look a bit heavy on the juice though.

Ian

Not tried one but here is a link to some pics, apparently it's just an upgrade of the previous model. .......

http://www. honestjohn. co. uk/carbycar/ssangyong/rexton-w-2013/

Just so. ....but as the 2 year old model was totally a brand new spec. under new ownership, I would not have expected a whole new one yet. ...

geoff

Viewed a Rexton at the NEC show back in October and can remember being impressed by the spec for the money,don't think there were any imported to the dealers at the time.

Never took it any further as our nearest dealer is away over the other side of Leeds and decided it would be too much bother every time you needed to visit.

Ian

http://www. hepworthselecthorsforth. co. uk/?

Any good or too far to Horsforth?

cheers

geoff

Just so. ....but as the 2 year old model was totally a brand new spec. under new ownership, I would not have expected a whole new one yet. ...

geoff

http://www. hepworthselecthorsforth. co. uk/?

Any good or too far to Horsforth?

cheers

geoff

Yes that is the one I was referring to,not a million miles away granted but having had the experience of using a dealer in a different town it got to be a bit of a headache.

Ian

Yes that is the one I was referring to,not a million miles away granted but having had the experience of using a dealer in a different town it got to be a bit of a headache.

Ian

Until recently if you wanted a SSY dealer anywhere in Yorkshire there was just the one Leightons, in Howden, so things have improved. ......in the meantime I think that they sold something like 40 Korandos in first three months of release so they didn't do too badly out of it. .....considering that they also sell Nissan and Isuzu models as well.

geoff

I like the look of these . ...BUT a 2 litre motor to pull 3 ton ??? also if you price the auto plus a few bits its nearly 30 grand, this is nearly shogun prices and for the extra few grand I would choose the shogun as it has the 3. 2 litre engine. malc

I like the look of these . ...BUT a 2 litre motor to pull 3 ton ??? also if you price the auto plus a few bits its nearly 30 grand, this is nearly shogun prices and for the extra few grand I would choose the shogun as it has the 3. 2 litre engine. malc

Yes my oldish 2. 7 model was rated as being able to tow 3. 5 tonnes!.........wouldn't like to try it though. .........Almost all the good caravanning 'tugs' have boomed in price, remember how cheap the Sorento was when it was first launched, and how many were sold too. .........don't see many of the current models on the rally field these days,suspect price sensitive?

geoff

Yes my oldish 2. 7 model was rated as being able to tow 3. 5 tonnes!.........wouldn't like to try it though. .........Almost all the good caravanning 'tugs' have boomed in price, remember how cheap the Sorento was when it was first launched, and how many were sold too. .........don't see many of the current models on the rally field these days,suspect price sensitive?

geoff

From what I have heard the Sorrento suspension on the newer models is not as towing friendly either.

As for towing 3. 5 tonnes behind a Rexton, yes it is not an issue, but your service interval comes down to six weekly or monthly if you do it every day!

Has the revolution finally begun?

Just seen that Mitsibishi are reducing the price on the shoguns, the middle range model with nearly all extras is now 34,000 auto the starter model long wheel base now down to 30,000 no brainer to me, I am saving for the shogun !!

Just seen that Mitsibishi are reducing the price on the shoguns, the middle range model with nearly all extras is now 34,000 auto the starter model long wheel base now down to 30,000 no brainer to me, I am saving for the shogun !!

Sounds good. ..new model on way I believe. ....still 10 times too expensive for me though.

geoff

New shogun ?? ah that's why the reduction in price, about time as the currant shape has been around for some years now. malc