Should A New Van Be Supplied With Pigtail And Bottle Connector

JohnEarny

Should my new van be supplied with gas pigtail and bottle connector? My dealer has told me it doesn't come with either?

i would negotiate them into the deal after all they would rather have the sale and if giving them to you would help it's a no brainer.

2015 Ford Kuga CDTI Titanium X, towing an Elddis EX2000 Hurricane.

It's not much money, I am disappointed that I found out this way, we are supposed to have a free night on the site they are part of to go through everything, can't go through everything without gas. I will do as you say and talk to the dealer.

Every new van i buy my dealer always supplies without even asking.

Swift Archway Ruby.   Santa Fe Auto

My reaction is you have a dealer that it would have been better not to have had in the first place.

If that illustrates the lack of customer care they exhibit the future does not look promising.

Hope that is not the case.

Edit: The only justification that comes to mind is that if you forced them to such a low selling price that all their margin had been lost and with it all "good will". Always the danger in seeking too sharp a deal, the dealer has to have a reason and way to stay in business. .

Edited by JTQ

Rwhen I got my first new van it didn't come with the valve to connect with the gas bottle, only found out when I got the van home . I called them to kick up a stink, then he pointed out most people take the valve off of the trade in van as it fits the gas bottles that they already have.

In saying that it's not a hard question to ask, "do you want to buy new valves if so what kind"?

Learned the hard way myself whilst upgrading my vans over the years. Traded in a Omega Compass for a Big Twin Fleetwood Colchester (smashing big van) leaving ma leisure battery and gas valve with the Compass. Got ma Fleetwood home and would you believe it ? No Battery and no Gas valve DOH !!! After a brief discussion with the Salesman got ma battery but had to buy a new valve. When I bought ma Ace Brand New it came with everything. Even a step and power cable. Great Service from my local Dealership until you get your van serviced there . ........ :angry:

GAS . .. :angry:

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

I would expect, and have always had, the pigtail etc. .....and a cable and these days a step.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Thanks for your feedback. What about length of pigtails, I will prob have 2 bottles with either manual or auto changeover. The lengths seem to range from 450mm to 10000mm?

Hi John . ... it's the very least . .. to expect the van to come with a pig-tail and valve . ....

. ... how else . .... can they do the P. D. I. .... fully and correctly . ....

Cheers

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

Bailey supply vans with a step and electric cable only. It's up to the dealer to add anything else. Personally, I never understand why they can't add a pigtail. Battery, maybe not as some people want bigger ones for movers, some want smaller ones to keep weight down.

Caravanless. ...

Arguably the dealer does not know what type of gas or provider you want the pigtail to suit but mine always asked me.

We got a pigtail with ours, the only question asked was which type of cylinder / connection we had so they could fit the correct one.

We got a pigtail with ours, the only question asked was which type of cylinder / connection we had so they could fit the correct one.

Likewise :D

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

Same for me, supplied with the van - the van manufacturers don't fit them but the dealer has always asked what gas I use and fitted the appropriate connector/adapter. It's a bit mean & penny pinching to not provide one or even offer to fit one at cost.

We've always swapped our own battery (or the dealer has done it for us) and the with the last van the dealer swapped the motor mover over free, as well as giving us a free night at the local caravan site to check it all over.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Our dealer Pioneer Caravans gave us a new pig tail, regulator and elec cable on a used Bailey. They asked us what regulator we wanted. :)

Plus we had got a "good deal" on the price and trade in.

The last 4 vans we have bought 2 brand new we have always been asked which pigtails (and regulator if needed )we wanted fitting and never been charged for them. We have also had new ehu cable and step thrown in foc each time, but we swap the battery over at handover so we can check 12v equipment with battery only as well as hooked up.

Edited by dave11a

Hi John . ... it's the very least . .. to expect the van to come with a pig-tail and valve . ....

. ... how else . .... can they do the P. D. I. .... fully and correctly . ....

Cheers

Pete

Very true unless they attach their own and then remove them again, must cost more in time and labour to remove rather than just find out my choice and leave them in place.

Thanks for your feedback. What about length of pigtails, I will prob have 2 bottles with either manual or auto changeover. The lengths seem to range from 450mm to 10000mm?

My dealer, just asked, said yes we supply the shorter internal pigtail only, if the client wants a longer one they can purchase from us.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

If any of my new vans had come without a gas pigtail id be spending no more money with that dealer.

On each new van I have been asked which gas i use. This has been 3 dealers, 1 abi, 4 swift stable vans and now a bailey.

Kev

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

Should my new van be supplied with gas pigtail and bottle connector? My dealer has told me it doesn't come with either?

If the dealer fitted them. .. How would they know if your going to use Butane or Propane?

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Simples. ................................. ask you!!

Kev

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

Bought my van used. Had a propane pigtails already on. Asked for a butane one which they fitted and left propane one in a draw for me.

No EHU or step though.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

If the dealer fitted them. .. How would they know if your going to use Butane or Propane?

They could ask me