Just To Lighten Your Day!

maninvan

Well my pre holiday preparations nearly turned to disaster today, talk about what a wally!

Whilst having a couple of hours spare in daylight I thought I would get the caravan cleaned out, so connects the hook up to the van and plugs it to my mains, out comes the hoover plugs it in to the caravan socket and not a thing, I checked the consumer unit and all the trips were fine so panic set it and phoned the caravan dealer as it is still under warranty, the reply being their is nobody in technical as they have broke up for the holidays but did manage to speak to a technician and went through all the possibilities but to no avail, so ring the insurance but they cant help as they would only refer me to my dealer.

Anyway a while later the director phones and suggests that if the test button is not working in the consumer unit then their is no power getting to the van at all so need to check all the exterior electrical connection's and so that then led to the problem, wait for it, I had only forgot to flick the switch to the socket the hook up cable was plugged in to!

I cant believe i did something as daft as that and gave the dealer un-told worry but i will give them their due and phoned them to tell them my daft error they and took it all well and thanked them for all their help, but apart from this episode i cant fault them at all a truly excellent dealer, have a good Christmas and all the best for a trouble free and happy 2014,

Andy.

Have you switched your Christmas lights on?? :(:blink::D

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

I am sure we have all been there !! I could not for the life of me understand why I could not get my fridge to work earlier this year. I looked here I checked there, arranged to have caravan taken to dealer to be looked at. Went in for a cup of tea and a calm down. Went back out and looked under a locker and yes saw a switch, now what does that do ? flicked it down hey presto fridge came on and you know what, far away in my memory bank I think I always knew that switch was there but a critical moment memory bank failed !!

Hi Andy

I can remember one weekend away in the caravan we had some friends call round. It was the day of the rugby league challenge cup final which I was hoping to watch on TV, so me and my mate decided that if we move the TV into the awning we can watch it without being TO unsociable. So we brought out the TV, plugged it in, fed the aerial cable through the window and settled in to watch. All the first half we watched a snowie, ghosty picture only making out what was going on by the commentary. At half time we tried to rectify the problem, and after slapping the TV and numerous retunes we discovered that none of us had plugged the aerial cable into the back of the TV Simple'z. Can I just add that my mates job for the previous 25 years leading up to that day was an aerial rigger.

We didn't see much of the second half because of arguing has to who's fault it had been, but the picture was perfect.

Harry