"like A Kid In A Sweet Shop"

clairendave

just had my father on the phone, he has been trying to source parts to build up my late grandads old Paragon road bike back to as close as he can original.

This week he has been put in contact with a man that can. One 'Nos Chater Lea clamp headset' winging its way to Lincoln.

Dad has talked myself and Claire into doing the coast to coast (road) in 2014 he now has plans on using the Paragon if its in a usable state.

That hopefully means i can pinch grandads old Raleigh Record Ace, if not maybe my dads Mercian that i have been after for as long as i can remember.

Think Dads christmas has come early :-)

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Hi clairendave. What year is the Paragon from. If it is of any interest, I have several pairs of Marcel Berthet Lyotard Platform Pedals that are destined for E'bay. I am open to an offer on a pair,unfortunately the toe-clips that I have are size S.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Hi TTR, if i remeber correctly its around a 1936 frame. i can check tho. we have a few vintage frames between us but i am sure thats the oldest.

i will mention the pedals but i know we (read Dad, lol) have a couple of pairs in the shed. i used to use them for Cyclo cross when i was racing. they are not in great condition tho.

thanks Dave

Edited by clairendave

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Hi clairendave. What year is the Paragon from. If it is of any interest, I have several pairs of Marcel Berthet Lyotard Platform Pedals that are destined for E'bay. I am open to an offer on a pair,unfortunately the toe-clips that I have are size S.

TTR, spoken to Dad today it is a 1936 as i remembered. amazingly apprently one of the few parts he does still have or can lay his hands on off the bike are the pedals.