The Pursuit New Lightweight Caravan From Bailey

Alsie

Must have come via very slow snail mail.

Details have been available for at least two months.

poolebob :D

Yes it came from Bailey Newsgram - Issue 23 received today.

Well thank goodness at least one of the manufactureres are listening when we say we wanrt a caravan that a "normal" everyday car can tow -- and not be beholden to a masive 4x4.

A modern 4 berth van at a MRO of just a ton !!! and at ~~ £ 13,000 not seen for some time.

Seems that they have gone back to

• High performance Alu-Tech bodyshell with a GRP outer skin to provide greater protection against the elements

This will prevent the dinks and dents and be very tough!!

Looks nice and good spec as well

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

Not much of a spec. at all Maurice unless you buy the options pack, a cynical way of marketing. And nt many people are impressed with reversion to a shower curtain.

My 4 berth Lunar has a MRO of 1082kg, 5' 6" front benches, a rear bed that's 6' 8" long and a shower with proper doors. I suspect the Pursuit weighs more than the headline MRO when it has the option pack on board.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Yeah it's an Orion with a slightly different shape body, a truma combination heater and a lot of the goodies missing. .... unless you pay extra for them. It will be interesting to see how many basic vans are sold after so many people moan that there is not a basic van sold now. ..........

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4

Not much of a spec. at all Maurice unless you buy the options pack, a cynical way of marketing. And nt many people are impressed with reversion to a shower curtain.

Funny enough, I honestly cant see a problem with a quality shower curtain and if it does the job, all the better. Its got to be more beneficial in weight terms and the complex fitting of a "door type screen"

After all, we are just caravanning / camping ;)

Edited by Gaz40

Well thank goodness at least one of the manufactureres are listening when we say we wanrt a caravan that a "normal" everyday car can tow -- and not be beholden to a masive 4x4.

A modern 4 berth van at a MRO of just a ton !!! and at ~~ £ 13,000 not seen for some time.

Seems that they have gone back to

• High performance Alu-Tech bodyshell with a GRP outer skin to provide greater protection against the elements
This will prevent the dinks and dents and be very tough!!

Looks nice and good spec as well

Maurice

Maurice

Add on the 'optional' pack that I have on my Olympus as standard and its no lighter. Think ill be sticking with mine for a bit. ..

Funny enough, I honestly cant see a problem with a quality shower curtain and if it does the job, all the better. Its got to be more beneficial in weight terms and the complex fitting of a "door type screen"

After all, we are just caravanning / camping ;)

Problem is though Gaz it isn't a quality shower curtain.

The head honcho at Bailey,when I mentioned it to him at the NEC show, said that the fittings for a bi-fold door were still there and the dealer could fit one if you wanted.

This makes me think it was originally designed with a door which was removed for weight/cost reasons.

Ian

Removing the shower screen is probably due to cost rather than weight as the door can only weigh 5 kilo's or less. My last van had a curtain and it would cling to you and cause problems. Some people don't use the van shower so this may not be an issue for them but it is with us so I will stick with the Orion.

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4

Now we know why Swift dropped the grey side on their 2014 Conquerors. They must have got wind that Bailey were painting their cheapest model grey!

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John