Thetford Porti Potti In1997 Abbey 216

Max

Sorry to ask such a simple question but when we recently purchased this van we were given no hand over. The question is, where does the water come from to flush this toilet, is there an outside holding tank or is it drawn in through the submersible pump outside?

Thank you

Max,

I believe the Abbey 216 1997 has a Thetford C2 toilet. This is a bench seat style of loo. The flush water is held in the upper part of the toilet around the bowl and is filled by removing the cap at the left hand side, approximately 3 1/2 inches diameter. The flush mechanism is at the right hand side. Only plain water or pink additive is added to the flush tank. The Loo Blue goes directly into the waste tank, 50ml or so, depending on brand.

Hope this helps.

Max,

I got it wrong I am trying to send you a link to a download for the Toilet instruction manual. The flush tank is actually filled by pulling out the gray funnel piece at the top of the housing when you open the external door. From memory this has a YELLOW screw cap about 2 inch diameter and a small screw cap below to drain the tank in winter

www. swift-owners-club. com/support/oem_handbooks/thetford/c2_3_4_user. pdf

Edited by b4bill