Stolen In Halifax

laurieash

Dont know about the last Tango in Halifax, some git has nicked my two bikes off the back of the Motor home, When i was in Halifax Yesterday.

Parked at my Mothers, Behind locked Gates that are 5 foot high.

The bikes are not worth any think, as they were 15 year old mountain bikes,

the worst part is i had just fitted 4 new road type tyres and innertubes. for our trip away to Portugal on Jan 6th.

They are quite easy to spot as they have white wall tyres and a big backside seat, one black framed and one yellow/red framed.

also they took the top bar that holds them onto the new flama bike rack.

Lifted the whole lot over the Fence so not Kids.

There are some very nice people in Hx but also there are some that are not.

Laurie.

Sounds like you had some luck in they never took the bike rack as well .

They don't seem to worry if they are caught .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Keep an eye out after Christmas, you might see them being ridden around whrer

you live!

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Ebay or local boot sale ?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Ebay or local boot sale ?

Dave

Going to have a look around some of the second hand shops. this afternoon.

Hi

Don't expect any help from the calderdale police. My house was burgled in april this year 5 different police officers have given me the same name and address this guy uses the same MO in each house but they claim that they can't prove he did it. So he's left alone to do more. Round our area there is an average of 11 burglaries per month.

Terry

Lunar Delta RS, Ford Explorer. Ford Ranger

Hi

Don't expect any help from the calderdale police. My house was burgled in april this year 5 different police officers have given me the same name and address this guy uses the same MO in each house but they claim that they can't prove he did it. So he's left alone to do more. Round our area there is an average of 11 burglaries per month.

Terry

The Police Officers each gave you the name and address of a suspect????

Hi yes they are so frustrated that they cant catch him. What he does is only pinch gold jewellery and then post's it off to these weigh in places. So they never catch him with anything stolen. Think they gave me his address so I could have him kneecapped.

I was just going to say contact the police if you have the serial numbers, pics and a good description of the bikes. May not be reunited with the bikes but you never know.

Some NED was caught on the school CCTV when my middle son and his mates bikes were nicked when they were at primary school at the time.

I was sick telling him to lock it up but he thought putting it in the foyer area it would be ok one day so did his mate.

Then the school phoned to say they'd called the police as the bikes were gone. I left it at that not expecting to see the bike or the culprit again however the police came, took a description and what the bike was worth etc (not much but not the point).

The officer put a bit higher value on it in case the judge ordered the cost be covered or something.

We then got a letter about a week later to say they'd caught the NED, can't remember his name but he was only 17 and they kept us posted about the whole case however he got slapped wrists and nothing towards a new bike.

Then about 18 months later I seen a young boy on the bike in the High Street. It definetly was my son's no question and I wouldn't have challenged a young schoolboy but was going to ask where he lived and pay a visit but he was gone but the time I got down the road.

Then again months later, new bike later, all forgotten my Husband sees one of our youngest's mates onthe bike and was speaking to the boy's Grandad and told him the situation and he'd bought it legally at an auction in toen, had the reciept. He did offer us it back or something towards a new one but it was hardly his fault plus the bike was too small by this time!

So guess we won't know what happened to it but at least someone got the use out of it!

Hi yes they are so frustrated that they cant catch him. What he does is only pinch gold jewellery and then post's it off to these weigh in places. So they never catch him with anything stolen. Think they gave me his address so I could have him kneecapped.

There's always some loophole where the police know who's done what but hand's are tied so they can't get the culprit :angry:

Compass Shadow 1988

The cops really gave you his address ?? I really find that hard to believe .

Yes not far from where I live. Drive past everyday, they told me the address where he gets his drugs in Wyke and that he is on the red watched list, this means a police car pulls up outside his house twice a day.

My lad had his Mountain Bike nicked in 1999 on his 21st Birthday.

Chained it up at college and the College CCTV had a guy riding up on a shopping bike.

Took a pair of bolt cutters out of his jacket and was away in seconds.

The lad's bike was unique. . put together by him to his own specification, with his own money.

I had it insured (on the Household Contents Insurance)for £1700 and the insurance paid out no questions given the CCTV evidence.

He got a new bike built in exactly to the same specification,

Last week he spotted what we believe to be his stolen bike on a Retro Mountain Bike website.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a. akamaihd. net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p480x480/1459985_10151704109851307_171008193_n. jpg

No proof that the current owner was the original thief. .. given it was 14 years ago, so no point in taking any action.

G.

The cops really gave you his address ?? I really find that hard to believe .

Not really, many of them are so p****d off with the system that they `accidentally` let this info slip.

A few years ago the company I worked for in Mirfield was getting hundreds of pounds worth of diesel nicked several times a week. The police knew who the offending scroat was, where he lived and where his lock-up was. After several months and tens of thousands of pounds worth of fuel later he was caught red-handed by police. He was inside the compound, the locking filler caps had been smashed off the trucks, he was wearing diesel covered overalls and had siphoning equipment in the boot of his car and 10 x 24 litre containers behind our fence, and another three in the boot of his car - all full of diesel. When it got to court, he pleaded not guilty, as he "wasn`t actually stealing any diesel, he was actually fly-tipping it"! Needless to say, he was found not guilty by the magistrates. .......................

As he had been stealing from other companies in the area, it didn`t go down to well. Everything went quiet for a while soon afterwards as the poor chap was mysteriously hospitalised when attacked one evening, the perpetrator was never found although everyone had their own ideas. Scroat boy was caught and jailed soon after being discharged from hospital, getting shopped by someone apparently owe money for some drugs. No honour among thieves!

I know it's slightly of topic, but my daughter works for a police force in the northwest. She informed me that they caught 3 chaps the other day in a white van with a stolen Sterling Eccles. Apparently the tracker was activated and they picked up the signal just as they were heading down a lane to a travellers site. pulled them over and arrested all 3. Owner got his van back. Happy days. The sad thing is we all know they will just get away with a smack on the wrist. I can't say what cock and bull story they came out with, but my daughter says it was laughable .