Many people have commented on the forum about how they are very happy with Huawei communication devices . ..... it seems that the government are less sure!

http://www. independent. co. uk/news/uk/home-news/are-huawei-the-enemy-within-gchq-is-tightening-its-supervision-of-the-giant-chinese-telecoms-companys-uk-headquarters-9013869. html

Edit - sorry about the title but I don't know how to edit that part of the post. Mods can it be changed to "Huawei" please?

Edited by mw3230

This is not new really but only comes into play where equipment for GCHQ is concerned. There have been other instances where they have been accused of fitting 'bugs' into Embassies etc. ..........don't think my '3' mifi modem comes into that class yet!

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

They can spy on me as long as they like, if it wasnt for someone called "Spam" and various close friends and family I would never get an email!

As for my interweb browsing it consists of anything Caravan or Sport related, bet they get bored before I do.

In fairness from reading the article it seems they are only carrying out due diligence, and the Chinese are co-operating, so nowt wrong with that .

Coachman Amara 500/5 pulled by Rover75 Diesel Auto.

Sounds like paranoia to me - I'd be more wary of what Apple put in their iPhones & what sort of data mining Google, Facebook etc. etc are doing.

I bet half the stuff in your local telephone exchange is now being made by Huwawei, ZTE or any of the other myriad Chinese companies that we've done technology transfer deals with, so I wouldn't get too upset about them.

In the meantime I'll quite happily use my Huawaei mobile phone & data dongle knowing that there are a lot more people out there already spying on my credit card, car number plate and even my national insurance number :(

Edited by matelodave

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Scary . ........... The Chinese might now have my Tesco shopping list ?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I agree with you all. If anyone wants to spy on my internet use then they are welcome. I don't get upset about Google data mining either

The yanks wont have anything to do with the systems in there country,

I also had/did have a cracking little number looking after a warehouse grounds of a CELLUAR Company who fitted 3/4G but thanks to the above mentioned company not paying there 1 million pound bill they went BUST owing a small fortune to Tom, Dick and Harry :angry:

Ste

. ....One life, Don't waste it fixing LandRovers .

Ford F350 SUPERDUTY Towing 640 Hobby @ 1%

I thought this was going to a thread about not understanding Geordies, bored now. :)

I thought this was going to a thread about not understanding Geordies, bored now. :)

That's a canny reply, kidda

• 2 months later...

Huawei are a banned import into the USA, they put so many back doors into their kit so they could spy on anyone, the UK doesn't seem to mind, so much for our national security.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

Huawei are a banned import into the USA, they put so many back doors into their kit so they could spy on anyone, the UK doesn't seem to mind, so much for our national security.

Marks - all network vendors have a back door. They are obliged to do so in case govt authorities need them to do so.

So hardly attributable at solely huawei

I work with them every day and have no issues with them

Hardly unique to Huawei; security vulnerabilities that can readily be exploited have been found in domestic routers as well. http://thehackernews. com/2014/01/hacking-wireless-dsl-routers-via. html. I have always used the internet assuming that everything I send unless specifically encrypted (I need to send secure files on occasion) is read by someone else I don't know about.

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.