Electric Step

I have had them on MH and linked to the ignition switch so they are not left out .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Thats a great safety feature Dave, I would imagine its possible to connect a relay to the fridge feed or the charge feed to make sure the step is away whilst towing.

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Just had a look out of interest, not quite sure what the point is when a step is so cheap, why spend £200 quid on one?

http://www. bailcast. com/products/caravan-accessories/stepsure-electric-caravan-step-bailcast-your-convenience-mind-8-kgs

one reason i can think of is it will not ever slide away from the van. they work well on mh so why not a van.

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

been thinking about one of these for myself, it would mean no step sinking either, you could wire it up to a switch on the door so when it opens the step comes out, and when the door is closed the step goes in,

Towing with 2. 0 darkside mk3 Ford Focus hatch named the Naked Turtle, towing a 1993 Abi Jubilee Emperor Named Michelle

one reason i can think of is it will not ever slide away from the van. they work well on mh so why not a van.

Oh I see, mine never slides or blows anywhere as I'm always on grass and its pegged in to the ground

Oh I see, mine never slides or blows anywhere as I'm always on grass and its pegged in to the ground

well in that case YOU will not need one then :-)

Aside from the price, the platform looks too small to me. eBay have one on for £199 with free delivery. Also Thule make one, google Thule electric step.

Edited by JohnEarny

One thing to think about is fixing . My MH step was fixed to the chassis and some metal work to support it and take the impact of stepping down but not sure if the floor under a caravan would be strong enough to fix to .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I would guess most vans have lockers or cupboards at the side of the door. This would allow the frame to be bolted through although it may need additional metalwork to allow this. If the body of the van is suitable to be fastened to the chassis with bolts through the floor then a step should be ok the other way round. Especially if spreader plates are used.

Just had a look out of interest, not quite sure what the point is when a step is so cheap, why spend £200 quid on one?

Bragging rights?

Has the revolution finally begun?

Bragging rights?

Possibly so! I'm all for a gadget laden caravan with multimedia and Internet connectivity, air con, auto sat that sort of thing, nothing wrong with an electric step but I just can't see the electric step as a great step forward - pun intended - anyway I'm off otherwise we'll be accused of negative thread hijacking.