Letter Of Apology/notification From Lunar About A Current Window Issue

AWanderingLancastrian

Have a look into the Lunar section of the manufacturers area.

There is a Letter of apology/notification from Lunar about a current and quite serious issue.

I believe that there is room for a commendation in the War of The Caravanning World.

Edited by Grandpa Steve
Link added

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Does this effect other makes of caravan as it is a window manufacturer problem ?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Hi Dave. Firstly,this is not how I first presented this post. The post title has been modified and the original location changed to Caravan Chat.

Back on topic.

It is very likely that other manufacturers finish products could be affected,that however would depend upon who else users the window products from the manufacturer/supplier that is used by Lunar Caravans.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

AFAIK and now having the new modified windows and in-fill strip fitted, the problem lies with the design of the that large bottom edge on the original windows - it was too flimsy and the material content wasn't correct.

For info, the original windows on our 2013 Delta were made by the Slovenian company, Plastoform, as are the new modified ones.

2019 Adria Adora Thames

Plastoform are also main suppliers to adria, don't think anyone else in uk.

Hi Lozsing. Go to the CT Home Page. Click on Caravan Talk Forum and then scroll down to Tourers and Lunar Caravans are near the bottom of the Tourer section.

Lunar's statement on CT is by and large the same as a letter we received today from Lunar outlining the way forward. Just glad we've got ours sorted and hopefully kick started Lunar into taking some action.

2019 Adria Adora Thames

Lunar's statement on CT is by and large the same as a letter we received today from Lunar outlining the way forward. Just glad we've got ours sorted and hopefully kick started Lunar into taking some action.

Have you got your windows changed

Lunar Ultima 540

Honda CRV 2. 2 Diesel

Have you got your windows changed

Yep, mentioned in another thread http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/89847-warped-windows-how-many-of-us/?p=966993 ;)

2019 Adria Adora Thames

thanks for the OP - friend of mine has had the window problem but got so fed up with the reaction from the dealer that he did, what to me was, a botch up job himself to try and correct the issues. have passed the new info onto him and hope he will get sorted properly.

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

Well done Lunar for having the courage to admit this, respond to your customers concerns and fix it :)

Might be time to find my local lunar dealer ;)

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

Well done Lunar for having the courage to admit this, respond to your customers concerns and fix it :)

Might be time to find my local lunar dealer ;)

without being too unkind to Lunar, from what i gather from my friend (see my post 11 earlier) they, and his dealer, were just not interested and ignored the problem until he just gave up and tried to rectify the issue himself. Now they hold their hands up and say, whoops, sorry etc. i reckon its only taken them 12 months or so, do you consider this ok and you might buy one???????????

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

I wasn't aware of the information you just pointed out - just going off the ongoing saga with elddis myself and others are experiencing - so no 12 months is not good :(

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

I think Lunar have been working to get a solution before saying anything so as to prevent confusion. They could have said this to prevent frustration however.

I can well understand not issuing information until you have your ducks in a row but progress reports are more helpful than total silence.

Edited by muddy250

Chris