What's Your Hobby?

As the title says really, what hobbies do you enjoy?

And if you'd like to add why or how you got interested then all the better.

I find spare time rare, but on the odd occasion I do get time I'm learning to ride a unicycle. I enjoy the challenge and started as a way of getting some exercise that still entertains.

Your turn. ;)

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered who'd pinched me front wheel!! :angry:

I just like to mess about with my car and caravan

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

I do a bit of offroad cycling when i can. I also collect the larger lego technic sets.

Claire spends most of her time showing the dog, and soon to hopefully be helping her tend to her pups if all goes well.

Other than that not got the time as we use the van so much. Guess thats the family hobby. :)

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Mine is shooting too - but with a camera ;)

Sports, portraits and the odd wedding.

H.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

I used to do a bit of fishing but health problems stopped that now I have a pond in the garden with koi and shubunkins. I spend a lot of time with a bit of success training them to hand feed and getting wet in the process.

Astronomy, watching road and track cycling & grandchildren!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I build Toylanders for the grand children. As I cannot post a photo, this is the link.

http://www. toylander. com

Fills all my time when not away in the caravan. Get endless fun, building and driving them. The grandchildren's faces are priceless! I build Toylander 1's. Complete with trailers.

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Flying my model helicopters and planes. Usually can sneak one into the van when we go away

photography, classic car shows, tinkering with my lil mx5, aircraft and airshows, holidays, music.

ex-alutech :angry: owner - now rehabilitated and happy :)

Me, flying radio controlled aircraft, got a couple of 1/8" rc cars (HPI Vorza & Traxxus Summit for those in the know), coarse & fly fishing, building computers.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Love hobbies! Lucky enough to have a track bike and a motocross bike so love riding and tinkering with them. Also like cycling, fishing & the caravan. Unfortunately for the past 3 months I've been stuck at home following a serious injury so I have also taken up photography, bought a fantastic DSLR which I have been trying to master!

I love collecting chainsaws, has they are part my job too i get plenty of time to tinker with them :)

When i get time i like to get the old VESPA out and basically anything that has a Engine !!!

Just a small collection post-50503-0-04663400-1387316259_thumb.jpg

. ....One life, Don't waste it fixing LandRovers .

Ford F350 SUPERDUTY Towing 640 Hobby @ 1%

I used to keep foreign finches in a large aviary in the back garden but had to give that up when I started my current job (shift work in the NHS). I love anything with an engine and im just getting back into keeping tropical fish.

1994 Nissan Patrol 4. 2d Gr SGX (rolling restoration) tugs a 2012 Swift Challenger Sport 586. with outdoor revolution 400 porch awning.

I love cooking and also like home brewing. Have made some some very nice Carbernet and Barollo as well as a chocolate raspberry port. Even though I make it I don't drink it very much.

I also love sewing as I make most of my clothes and also like anything arty and crafty.

Have also made lots of bread, feta, halloumi and some blue cheese which I am hoping will be ready for Christmas.

Come on ladies how about sharing some of your hobbies!

Riding ferries in rough weather - I have another attempt at the Irish Sea on Friday after the last one was cancelled - due to rough weather!!!

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Come on ladies how about sharing some of your hobbies!

I love caravanning, cycling, photography and astronomy !!! ;)

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

I have been teaching myself to knit which is going quite well (thanks to you tube!!) but crochet evades me. I also make jewellery, particularly Kumihimo (Japanese braiding) with beads, shamballa bracelets & the like.

I love to be away in the caravan & I can take my hobbies with me!! Also getting a bike in the near future (mum giving me hers) so will be getting out & about on it!!

I also enjoy cooking - this Christmas have made Christmas Chutney, winter spiced vodka, boozy fruits, chiili jam, &, for the first time, have made our Christmas cake & Christmas Pudding!!

2005 Bessacarr Cameo 635 gl & 2005 Nissan Terrano II SVE Di 3. 0l

Answering queries on Art, Caravanning and Shipping Forums. .........

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

got a couple of 1/8" rc cars

Been after an rc car for a while but cant waste money right now.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

Hobbies? DIY, Sewing, Knitting, Photography, Drawing (mostly faces).

T00ts

You've only failed when you've stopped trying! xx

I love collecting chainsaws, has they are part my job too i get plenty of time to tinker with them :)

When i get time i like to get the old VESPA out and basically anything that has a Engine !!!

Just a small collection attachicon.gifchainsaws. jpg

I've got a old dolmar 104 in the shed that I keep forgetting to play with, it needs a petrol pipe & a gasket for the petrol tank,

its pre chain brake so I wouldn't use it & thats why I've never got around to it :rolleyes:

also a stihl brush-cutter that needs its head looking at :(

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Been after an rc car for a while but cant waste money right now.

Between my eldest daughter (9) and myself we have quite a collection of 1/8th buggies. They have not even been out of the cupboard this year. Just not worth selling as they are one of those "one day" items. The same as the small collection of kites i have. Mind you thats back trouble rather than time with them.

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Between my eldest daughter (9) and myself we have quite a collection of 1/8th buggies. They have not even been out of the cupboard this year. Just not worth selling as they are one of those "one day" items. The same as the small collection of kites i have. Mind you thats back trouble rather than time with them.

Had some as a kid but nothing special. Now fancy one for some indoor racing and drifting.

Mark be careful, its addictive fa90967c1e61ff0753b971ea31b15ef6_zps1578

I have found spares cheaper by getting part or complete buggies off ebay. I have a large selection of parts and 2 older kits that are stripped to be repaired too. (one being a 1/6th scale car)

The front one without a shell is the one Nicole got and assembled for christmas last year. the little electric one is for Olivia but i need some bits for it.

I am fortunate that Claires Dad owns a model Aero shop so i can get fuel at the right money. Most people seem to go for electric these days but i have a place to use them well away from anyone to annoy.

Dave