2 Quick-Ish Questions

cugsy

Caravan is on the drive until we get it to storage. I'm off for a day or two and exploring. I just poured some water down the sink and adjacent drainer plug, bathroom sink plughole and water came out of the left hand (of 2 ) pipe. Poured some down the shower plughole (not that it will get used too often) and it came out of the right hand pipe. I'm probably answering my own question but want to be sure. ....is this correct? Shower waste separate from the sinks?

And secondly. .the battery is charged. When I turn the battery power on at the switch without any lights on or taps open, I hear a pump or motor whirring. It seems to be behind the fire. I'm scratching my head but as I'm new to this I can't figure out what it is. Help please folks. .John

Caravan is on the drive until we get it to storage. I'm off for a day or two and exploring. I just poured some water down the sink and adjacent drainer plug, bathroom sink plughole and water came out of the left hand (of 2 ) pipe. Poured some down the shower plughole (not that it will get used too often) and it came out of the right hand pipe. I'm probably answering my own question but want to be sure. ....is this correct? Shower waste separate from the sinks?

And secondly. .the battery is charged. When I turn the battery power on at the switch without any lights on or taps open, I hear a pump or motor whirring. It seems to be behind the fire. I'm scratching my head but as I'm new to this I can't figure out what it is. Help please folks. .John

Hi

Water outlets are the same as mine, both sinks come out of one and the shower out of the other.

Not sure about the noise behind the fire though

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

Same here with drainage.

The noise could be the 12v fan from the fire depending what you have. If its a truma the fan switch will usually be the right hand dial on fire top.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

Hi John

Sounds like the fan for the blown air, as you don't say what make of caravan or fire, but you will poss see a rotary switch with numbers (1-9 I think) and inset in that switch there is a three position switch (on off auto) and this control's the fan

Hope that helps

Radiotwo

Steve - Land Cruiser Amazon Auto + Pageant Series 5 Champagne

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.

Yep shower has to be separate or sink water would come into shower tray!

Noise is probably the fan for circulating air through ducting.

Sam :beardy:

If you've got the water tank drain valve open, like you should in winter when not using, and it is a pressure system with inboard pump, then my guess is it is the pump operating. there will be a switch on your control panel, try turning pump to off and see if that does it.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Thanks folks. I'll try the fire heater fan first. Turn da dial to zero. .I'm not too sure about the water pump. I know when I turn a tap on that there's a hum like a pump. I'm still finding my way. Its an Elddis Hurricane GTX 1990 +

It was the blown air fan - found the switch and its off. Quite quiet now. Ta

It was the blown air fan - found the switch and its off. Quite quiet now. Ta

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for reporting back. :)

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

I have some time to kill - had cortizone injections yesterday for epicondylitis and it hurts. Still can't use the arm and I'm going through everything in the caravan before our first trip. Like Napoleon but me arm keeps falling out of me trenchcoat. .. :blink:

Seriously though, I want to be sure that its ok before we go. Milton baby sterilising fluid going into water system tomorrow. Then I'll try everything - hot water and heater etc. I'm going to plug the tv in too and see if the flying saucer on the roof works. I'm wondering about a front tow bar for manouvering the 'van in and out. ..or just getting it off the drive to the storage. I feel like Albert the one armed dishwasher. .

Don't bother with front towbar. It is surprising how easy it is to move a caravan manually when on the level.

One handed? Get help from Josephine!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Hi,

" flying saucer T. V. Arial-- they never enjoyed a good reputation, "ghost signals " and in weak areas no signal. If you want confirmation just see how many with this set up use a old type T. V. Ariel.

​Front tow bar,- Its no accident that caravan dealers use small tractors with front tow bars for maneuvering caravans.

Some time ago i had to ditch the motor movers ( due to weight ) so having to put the caravan into a tight space in storage and finding "handballing" the van now heavy going i bought a front (screw in) towing eye.

I modified this with a tow ball from "fleabay " and now use this to move the caravan------------- and its great !

david

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

I would if the drive was level and not gravelled . ..and not a 90 degree turn from a farm track. Oh well, once its at the storage site theres loads of room. But, the one handed help from Josephine sounds good.

Hi,

" flying saucer T. V. Arial-- they never enjoyed a good reputation, "ghost signals " and in weak areas no signal. If you want confirmation just see how many with this set up use a old type T. V. Ariel.

david

Since the Digital Switchover, most people find the "flying saucer" type aerial works very well.

In analogue days they used to be very prone to ghosting, with digital, providing the receiver can pull a signal with enough quality to rise above the built in error correction threshold (part of the DVB digital TV signal specification) the ghosting will not affect the picture.

Overall it will work well in areas where it used to be terrible with analogue.

I would concur about weak signal areas though, digital works in such a way that down to a certain signal level the picture will appear perfect, once below that level (colloquially referred to as falling off "The Digital Cliff") you will get no watchable picture, whereas with analogue you could still make out a picture from the grainy mess received.

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden