Weather Watching.....

thensum

We are due to take our caravan away for our first ever Winter caravanning trip (and Christmas in it!) on Saturday 21st Dec over to Cirencester CC site for 8 nights. The weather forecast for Wednesday and Friday night looks pretty stormy with high winds and rain! We are both hoping that the wind will blow itself out through Friday night so we can set off on Saturday morning probably around 10am as planned - fingers crossed!

We will be so disappointed if we don't make it away, but as we are booked for 8 nights it won't matter if we have to leave a day later I guess. We will obviously call the site and advise them if we are arriving a day later, do you think the staff will be understanding if we tell them we delayed our arrival because of the strong winds?

I have a friend who works for BBC news and she is good friends with Alex Deakin the weather man so I have asked for an update for Saturday and the coming week.

thensum

2015 Swift Challenger 530SE & 2017 VW Tiguan R-line 4Motion 2.0TDI 150BHP

Beeb is forecasting 20mph for Cirencester on Sat - no probs at that speed but as always drive within the conditions

Sam :beardy:

Thanks SamD, I very rarely go over 50 - 55mph on the M-ways, occasionally 55-60mph to overtake the odd HGV, but as you say I will be taking it steady depending on the weather conditions, better to arrive late all in one piece!

I'm sure that the site staff will understand if you call re. delay due to weather.

John. :)

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

I have a friend who works for BBC news and she is good friends with Alex Deakin the weather man so I have asked for an update for Saturday and the coming week.

thensum

If you keep your eyes on the Met Office's website, or indeed download their "widget" of "app" to your phone, you can get localised information updated every three hours. They are available for most types of phone http://www. metoffice. gov. uk/services/weather

Although I know someone who drinks in the same pub as Craig Rich who used to be our local BBC forecaster, this is more convenient.

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

Although I know someone who drinks in the same pub as Craig Rich who used to be our local BBC forecaster. ...

Brilliant!

Sam :beardy:

We are between two of the BBC Weather App forecast points. ......3 miles from each and they are both showing different weather at moment. ................

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

We are just hoping for dry weather and not too much wind tomorrow (Friday 20th) as the man is coming to install our woodburning stove and will have to make a hole in the roof for the new flue to exit.

It's then off with the van to Broadway on Monday morning for Christmas. All the decorations, Christmas tree and fairy lights are packed and ready to go, just got to get the food on Sunday - can't wait :D :D :D

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

I'm off on Monday travelling over the Pennines. ... Here's hoping the weather holds good for us!! :huh:

Don't forget your jabs and phrase book - they speak funny over here.

2015 Ford Kuga CDTI Titanium X, towing an Elddis EX2000 Hurricane.

I'm off on Monday travelling over the Pennines. ... Here's hoping the weather holds good for us!! :huh:

Then just be very careful as you make the descent near Scammanden dam going down to Milnrow. Once the wind sideswipes you there it can stay in your memory a long time :o:o . ..Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

Don't forget your jabs and phrase book - they speak funny over here.

They might speak funny but they make a decent black pudding :)

I would check before going Woodhead way as it can get a bit breezy on the tops

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Have fun all! Was pretty wild here last night and a funny old sky this morning. Wind died down but it's getting stormy again outside!

A mate of ours lives up near where i've got my caravan so i've got him patrolling for any damage! So far so good ;)

Compass Shadow 1988

We are keeping a close eye on all of the weather apps and currently we are thinking of setting off 1 day later, as Sunday looks much better than Saturday, it'll give us more time to finish getting the van packed as both of us are working until tomorrow evening! Christmas tree and lights already packed though, very excited at our first trip Winter Caravanning trip.

Edited by thensum