Cyclists Stay Safe With A Grid

gumdrop

Just come back from work with using an LED dynamo light and a pair of battery LED spotlights. The route takes me over an old railway track, unclassified road and B roads. I manage to avoid potholes and worse by having enough light on the job. I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise but the grid looks like a gimmick to me.

hawkaye :beardy:

not using annoying flashing lights would help them too

Towing with 2. 0 darkside mk3 Ford Focus hatch named the Naked Turtle, towing a 1993 Abi Jubilee Emperor Named Michelle

I guess they are the annoying flashing lights that have obviously attracted your attention then !

(edited due to ipad screen needing a clean again)

Edited by clairendave

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

I would have thought it more important to watch the road ahead to avoid obstructions, not concentrate

on a grid a few feet in front!

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

I guess they are the annoying flashing lights that have obviously attracted your attention then !

(edited due to ipad screen needing a clean again)

I like the flashing lights as I can see them & know it's a bike

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Hi to you all following this topic up-to now.

My view is that it would be a distraction and distract the rider from the job in hand,observation on the basis of overall and around the path of travel. This would focus the attention to a very narrow field. NOT GOOD.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

TTR, I agree, its good in principle and no doubt works well. Just possibly not a good idea in practice. Too much time concentrating on the grid than what is going on around you.

I seem to recall (from many moons ago being in the trade) that when the flashing lights first came out they were not approved. But iirc it was to do with one of the members of the 'board' being involved with a well known lamp manufacturer.

Paul, my thoughts entirely.

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Hi again. On a lighter note. One could be mistaken for Spiderman having difficulties after a night on loopy juice.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.