Tyres?

w824gb3

My 2007 Senator's tyres are showing slight cracking where the sidewall meets the tread so i guess its time for new ones. Where's best place to buy them? A caravan dealer? Or do car tyre centre's sell them cheaper? Or should i try online so i can have them fitted at my storage site?

I had 3 Dunlop tyres on our Senator (tyron bands fitted) I tried etyres but they don't cover our area. After a fair bit of net trawling and phone calls I ended up with Kwik fit mobile doing them at our home, ok I could have got them for £3 per tyre cheaper at a local tyre place but I would have had to take the van there or take the wheels off.

I used E-tyres. On their web site my area was not covered, but when I phoned I found that there was a mobile fitter who could fit the tyres. The van was outside my house so he did the work there, including balancing the wheels. I went fot Michelin Agilis tyres as that is what Bailey are fitting to there new vans. The price was competitive and with the work being done at home, caused little inconvenience to me.

BMW X6 M50D + Buccaneer Schooner 2017

My 2007 Senator's tyres are showing slight cracking where the sidewall meets the tread so i guess its time for new ones. Where's best place to buy them? A caravan dealer? Or do car tyre centre's sell them cheaper? Or should i try online so i can have them fitted at my storage site?

Hi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try Pemberton Tyres in Pemberton,Wigan. Tel : 01942-222413. I have been buying from him for that many years I have forgotten. He will quote you supplied and fitted with new valves and balanced.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

In a way your question is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string.

What is most important to you. Price, convenience, good service, premium brand, mid range, particular manufacturer.

Depending upon your size of tyre if you want to replace like for like you may find that not many places will be able to supply. I tried getting on line quotes but couldn't find many who could do a direct replacement. Neither e tyres nor black circle could supply.

The cheapest I could find were http://www. tyres-pneus-online. co. uk. However they only supply. You get them delivered to one of their fitters and pay the fitter direct. Problem is that if something goes wrong you could end up being bounced between the supplier and fitter.

In the end I went to a local company.

At the end of the day it's really down to you to make inquiries.

poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

Where ever you get them, make sure they are the correct load rating

Present outfit: 2015 Compass Rallye 644, Reich AWD Mover and Range Rover Vogue TDV8

Another vote for E tyres

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

This could be just the thread for you : I need new tyres for my 2007 Senator

Ours is a Senator Arizona. Obviously you may need different tyres depending on what Senator you have. The details are in the service book.

Edited by Shirl250

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

ive got van tyres on mine, there often cheaper and of a better spec, see my thread here with pics

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/77346-14-tyres/page-2?hl=%2Bbridgestone+%2Br630&do=findComment&comment=820325

2008 Bailey Pageant Champagne series 6 / 2014 model Kampa Rally Pro 390 porch awning

2013 Honda CR-V SE diesel + 2005 Honda CR-V diesel Sport

Pollycotton Outwell Trout Lake tunnel tent

ive got van tyres on mine, there often cheaper and of a better spec, see my thread here with pics

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/77346-14-tyres/page-2?hl=%2Bbridgestone+%2Br630&do=findComment&comment=820325

The majority of caravans have van tyres,

As far as I am aware there are only two tyres made specifically for trailers. Trailermaxx and GT radial Kargomax.

I fitted the latter and they were no more expensive than van tyres. In fact it was difficult to find van tyres in the same size as those already fitted which were Trailermaxx

poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry: