Adria Isonzo

digger65

Hi, has anyone got or ordered an Isonzo ? Looking to change caravans ( Bailey 624 ) and these do look good. Any feedback much appriciated .

Shogun SWB, Adria Isonzo +Dwt Paradies 280 . ... 78% match. Pitchin next to you sometime. ..!!!!

Why would it need to be a twin axle?

The 8. 19 m is the shipping length and it has an MTPLM of only 1800 Kg.

Check how many modern caravans have a body length of 6. 2m or more on a single axle.

In the 1960/70s I would have agreed with you but, thankfully, technology has moved on.

I own two caravans, one a 1994 5. 7m/7. 95m. 1600kg on a twin axle and the other a 2012 Adria Adora 5. 4 m /7. 37m, 1500kg on a single axle.

Time moves on.

Edited by couiza

If size was an issue Alko wouldn't produce a chassis in that format.

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

We're getting off subject here campers size and weight are not an issue, we want to know if anyone has had any issue's with Adrian caravans, i. e. 2013 medley. Thanks

Shogun SWB, Adria Isonzo +Dwt Paradies 280 . ... 78% match. Pitchin next to you sometime. ..!!!!

No issues with Adria so far although be aware you do need to get it serviced by one of the Adria approved workshops and not just an NCC approved one which can be a bit of a pain if you aren't close by to one

Adria had a very impressive showing at recent Caravan magazine 2014 awards with best layout and also best caravan overall (the Isonzo) and best luxury caravan in the Glam version of Astella (even more impressive bearing in mind with some they have e very "basic" impression)

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

My parents have just bought a 2013 Tay and have been very impressed with it so far.

1962 Prototype Everyman Folding Caravan "Herbert" & Pennine Aztec Folding Camper, towed by Kia Carens CRDI.

Read my blog - The Outside In - Find it in the Blogs Section!

hi we have had adria vans for the last 7 years and have been pleased with them, our currant van is a adora 612dp with a fixed island bed it is a long van on a single axle we have been down to spain with this van and we tow with a skoda supurb we have travelled about 25000 miles in total and have always felt the van as been first class to tow. vans are well built and not much seems to go wrong with them the down side is that when it happens parts do take a long time to get.

We'll a deal has been done, thanks to all a barnsdale leisure, great service. .. pick it up end of Feb.

I was all set to buy one till I found I could not use my trusted mobile guy for servicing. Can't stand this outmoded protectionism which BTW is illegal in the car world. Sadly for me it was a deal breaker

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

All sorted for my moblie guy to service. ....

All sorted for my moblie guy to service. ....

has the clause been changed, or is your mobile man adria approved?

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

mobile man is adria approved Mark, just read that on the bailey thread by digger. details would be nice if possible. (pm if you want too)

• 2 years later...

I was all set to buy one till I found I could not use my trusted mobile guy for servicing. Can't stand this outmoded protectionism which BTW is illegal in the car world. Sadly for me it was a deal breaker

I'm about to retire and am considering the purchase of a new caravan and towing vehicle. The Isonzo looks great and is on my shortlist. But what is this about servicing? There does not appear to be an Adria dealer in my part of the UK, Northern Ireland (nor Eire for that matter).

Where are you? I am sure there is another thread saying you can use mobile servicing engineers now.

formerly ClassikFan

Looking on the adria uk site i could find these contacts

Mobile Caravan Services

Londonderry

28 Annadale Park
BT49 9BW Limavadt

info@mcsni. com

17a Drumcroone Road
BT51 5HU Gravagh

west872@btinternet. com

as for a dealer the closes would be in

Eglinton Caravans

McMillan Place, Shrewalton Road
KA11 5DB Ayreshire

01294 311002

eglinton-caravan@btconnect. com

Edited by skippydan

As mentioned any AWS can service if they are Adria approved and done the course, mine is done on the driveway.

Thanks folks, for replying to my query about servicing.

I last towed a caravan about 30 years ago. I'm reasonably confident about towing again - over the years I've towed, and reversed, a number of trailers. The Isonzo is 8ft wide. Is a relative caravanning novice like myself likely to experience any difficulties towing and manuevering such a wide van? If I decide to purchase an Isonzo I'd intend buying an SUV capable of towing this van using the 85% rule. TIA