Not So Solid

outhouse

Floor delamination next to galley reported on 2013 Schooner to dealer. Back to factory for this, all so bad so far, but this was months ago and no word from Factory!

But was assured it wouldn't be fixed this year by dealer!!

Tug:VW Touareg 4. 2 TDI V8

Tugged: Bucaneer Schooner

Not good fora manufacturer that as faced a lot of bad publicity over the lastfew months.

Have you signed the e petition

The more I learn the more I know,the more I know the more I forget,the more I forget the less I know :blink:

Not good fora manufacturer that as faced a lot of bad publicity over the lastfew months.

The bad publicity just keeps rolling in. ......Nothing surprises me with that manufacturer, just pleased I abandoned them and went with Swift who have an excellent Customer Service and actually cares about there customers. ...

The bad publicity just keeps rolling in. ......Nothing surprises me with that manufacturer, just pleased I abandoned them and went with Swift who have an excellent Customer Service and actually cares about there customers. ...

Yeah, there they were a lot better when I had to take my new 630SAL back to have all the furniture screwed back to the walls!!!!

Yeah, there they were a lot better when I had to take my new 630SAL back to have all the furniture screwed back to the walls!!!!

I read a few threads about that problem with Swift! So far so good with my new purchase apart from a replacement cupboard door which Swift authorised immediate replacement .

Edited by PBarton

Floor delamination next to galley reported on 2013 Schooner to dealer. Back to factory for this, all so bad so far, but this was months ago and no word from Factory!

But was assured it wouldn't be fixed this year by dealer!!

I was assured months ago by dealer and elddis customer service mine would be going back to factory for repair to sides courtesy of bulging crease defect - due to workload they said would be done in January. Still waiting for date despite assurances they would let me know after checking diary and reminding them last month :angry:

Roof started leaking and windows so spent a week in dealers in October but Elddis sent wrong windows - twice - so dealer made temporary repairs and decided factory can sort it in Jan. Currently in storage hoping it does not leak again causing more damage :(

Really like the new Mistral and Storm but impossible to see how I can buy another with this level of service and problems on a 3 year old caravan and reading your issues now :unsure:

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

I walked into a 2014 Shamal today at a dealer and both myself and wife noticed a distinct bouncing sagging of the floor in front of the kitchen sink area.

Left immediatetly!

Is anybody going to tell me about this e petition?

There was a recent thread regarding an e petition to govt about manufacturing standards in caravan industry.

I walked into a 2014 Shamal today at a dealer and both myself and wife noticed a distinct bouncing sagging of the floor in front of the kitchen sink area.

Left immediatetly!

There was a recent thread regarding an e petition to govt about manufacturing standards in caravan industry.

Thanks Eric.

At least I now know that I missed that one - so I guess I'll have to do a search.

Pete
Range Rover(s) towing Buccaneer Caravel

Go to caravan news and scroll down to e petition

The more I learn the more I know,the more I know the more I forget,the more I forget the less I know :blink:

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Really like the latest elddis, compass and bucanneer van but I think I'll be holding onto my Delta for another while as it appears all manufacturers have issues :o elddis with these lunar with dodgy windows, bailey with leaks, eternity with quality issues to name a few, better the devil I know me thinks :rolleyes:

Present outfit: 2015 Compass Rallye 644, Reich AWD Mover and Range Rover Vogue TDV8

Looks like the other thread has been locked without explanation so unless somone posts some good comments quick here guess this will be next!

Must have the servers in China ;)

Sorry to read of the elddis problems being encountered, makes my 3 times repaired front wet lockers insignificant in comparison.

Please sign the e petition, the uk caravan makers have got to improve.

Edited by xtrailman

Sorry to read of the elddis problems being encountered, makes my 3 times repaired front wet lockers insignificant in comparison. Please sign the e petition, the uk caravan makers have got to improve.

e petition signed. ............... Edited by PBarton

• 1 month later...

Well credit where credit is due had a look around this site today and found that Elddis CS had emailed me on the 17/12 to offer assistance.

Hadn't noticed this before so will never know what difference it might have made. But would have to say that no formal contact has ever been made with myself or dealer, I've had to chase to get to this point - which is not very far. ..

Maybe someone as switched the light on at the end of the tunnel so maybe just maybe we might all get to where we want to be.

Does anyone seriously think a petition is going to change the way they make them? However, stop buying and that may very well make them sit up and take notice.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

^^^^^ agreed Henry :)

Considering seling and not replacing - I've had enough - life's for living not writing complaints and trying to sort faults!

Does anyone seriously think a petition is going to change the way they make them? However, stop buying and that may very well make them sit up and take notice.

Thers a lot of truth in that, but. ....

Any manufacturer will sit-up & take notice if their sales are adversely affected, why do you think Alu-Tech & Solid have arrived on the scene? It certainly wasn't for our (the customer's) exclusive benefit. It was mainly to maximise profits, & hopefully will be to our long-term benefit as well.

As I've said many times, the way to improve the product is to pile-on the warranty claims. That way the people that make the decisions that count, reliability speaking, (ie: the bean counters) will quickly add-up the best option at the least cost.

The trouble with purchasing caravans, & everything else, being: which one is, really, much better than the rest? More important than brand is the attitude of the supplying dealer to any warranty claims. A fault quickly rectified is a fault quickly forgotten, & perhaps even forgiven.

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!