Can You Recommend A Site In West France

I am looking for a site that's next to the beach, has all the facilities and is south Brittany or a little lower into the Vende.

Recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

David

Edited by David Pearson

David you should get inundated with sites,,assume beach and facilities perhaps means a youngish family???

Our first site in 1978,pre-own caravan, was La Baie at Trinite sur Mer and thereafter we visited many many sites in the Gulf of Morbihan area and further up the coast in the Brest area. .......

France was designed for caravanners. ..........great place.

geoff

Edited by shipbroker

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Treguer Plage which is half way along Douarnenez Bay and right next to the beach. We went for a week and stayed for three. There is lots of information on it and the surrounding area on my blog.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Camping Bel at LA Tranche sur Mer, Vendee. . beach, town/village square and Supermarket all within 400 metres.

We tour all over Europe but almost always find ourselves back at Camping Bel for 6 weeks between late May and early July!!!!

HTH,

G.

Quite a bit further south, but otherwise fitting the bill would be Club Marina at Mimizan. We stayed there last year in August, when it was at its most expensive, but if you can avoid the beginning of the school holidays it's cheaper.

It's definitely on our list of sites to return to http://www. clubmarina. com/en/

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

Treguer Plage which is half way along Douarnenez Bay and right next to the beach. We went for a week and stayed for three. There is lots of information on it and the surrounding area on my blog.

Have not been to that site but know Douarnenez area well and stunning scenery. ..........Did go to Pil Koad but wouldn't recommend it during Summer.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Camping Bel at LA Tranche sur Mer, Vendee. . beach, town/village square and Supermarket all within 400 metres.

We tour all over Europe but almost always find ourselves back at Camping Bel for 6 weeks between late May and early July!!!!

HTH,

G.

Lovely site and consistently so over many years :goodpost:

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room. B)

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with above commenmts about Camping Bel.

Also Camping les Dunes is a nice little site in the pine forrests about 2 miles north of La Tranche - see other post titled 'La Rochelle'

330d with a Challenger following!