Euro Tunnel Amendments

just about to book aug 2014 tunnel, £220 with Eurotunnel direct / £215 with caravanclub but we are due change car in march will either company charge for car amendment, thanks in advance . ..pete

When we booked the tunnel direct last year the email confirmation had the wrong car registration no.

We just phoned them and they changed it there and then. No issue.

I am guessing you don't collect Tesco points? We use them for petrol and some groceries throughout the year. The vouchers are then trebled in value for tunnel crossings.

Edited by ericfield

I seem to recall a thread on the CC forum complaining about them charging for a change.

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/

I seem to recall a thread on the CC forum complaining about them charging for a change.

No. ..not before you start the journey. We have changed departure times many times at the last minute. This is booking direct. ..not through CC.

Eurotunnel charge for changing return crossings bookings . ..but again out experience is they only adjust the return price to the prevailing price for the new crossing. We had to return early in Sept when my wife had a fall. ...the additional charge for returning two weeks early was £16

Edited by ericfield

Sorry, by "them" I meant the Caravan Club.

We have amended our return journey (booked with Tesco vouchers direct with Eurotunnel) almost every time and have not been charged other than any move to a higher price bracket. Sadly we never got a refund for moving to a lower bracket, (not expected really!)

One thing did impress us though. Last January we turned up at Calais five hours late, due to horrific snowstorms in Northern France. In spite of booking for the cheapest time of day and turning up at the most expensive, we were just waved on board at no extra charge.

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/

just about to book aug 2014 tunnel, £220 with Eurotunnel direct / £215 with caravanclub but we are due change car in march will either company charge for car amendment, thanks in advance . ..pete

If the car booked is not the one used then entering the booking reference number into the screen at the check in booth will permit the reservation to be confirmed and a 'hanger' to be issued.

On the return trip the replacement car registration number will be recognised automatically by the ANPR camera on approaching the check in booth.

One of the many things that Eurotunnel does very well is the reservation and auto book in.

If there was only £5 difference between booking direct and via the CC I would go the direct option as there would not be a charge for changing via Eurotunnel. I think they stipulate that any new booking takes place within a year of the original booking. I had to delay a crossing from one year to the next once. We also had the change the vehicle number this year and I don't recall any problems, we certainly got to Europe and back with issue.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

It may have changed in the last 12 months, but we came back last year in a totally different car than the one we went over in and didn't have any problems or charges. we booked direct