Recommendation Required For A Sun Canopy For My Valencia S2 Caravan

Alsie

Can someone recommend a Sun Canopy for my Valencia S2 Caravan. I am a little confused about sizing and any recommendation or advice would be appreciated. Not got loads of money so a middle of the road or budget Canopy price wise is required.

We've been very happy for the last 8 years with our Caravanstore but I know others don't like them.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

We picked ip an NR sun canopy on ebay 3 years ago and has served us very well. 3 pole with the sides pegging into the ground. We paid about 50 quid. Not big enough for the cadiz though so will look ouf for a new one at some stage.

The material is the same as the awning roof so strong and durable.

Kev

Edited by Kevin H

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

We use our Dorema Sun Canopy a lot. Easy to put up and stands up to a lot of weather.

Plough%20Lane%20May%202012.jpg

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/page/eu_campsite_reviews/_/netherlands/camping-de-hooghe-bijsschel-r13

Also works well as an Awning Extension!

http://www. dorema. co. uk/en/sun_canopies/canopy_monaco. htm

Dave

Edited by caraman1

Discovery 4 HSE 2015, Bailey Unicorn S4 Barcelona 2018.
http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/

We have just, this afternoon, ordered a sun canopy for our Bailey Pegasus 554. We ordered an Eurotrail sunroof 240, with aluminium poles, from Obelink. co. uk. Their sizes go up to 1060cm, unlike British companies, who don't make one long enough to fit our caravan.

Obviously we can't let you know how good it is but the reviews are mostly excellent, and the price, £118. 69 including delivery seems very good.

We have recently purchased an Isabella Shadow 360' which has 3 poles for stability. Haven't used it yet so can't give any valued feedback, but went for the 360 over the 300 to give a bit more coverage and also to get the 3 poles. Packs away quite neatly too.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

We use our Dorema Sun Canopy a lot. Easy to put up and stands up to a lot of weather.

Plough%20Lane%20May%202012.jpg

We used to have one of those but it flapped maddeningly in the Mistral and blew away completely on another occasion.

Ian.

We used to have one of those but it flapped maddeningly in the Mistral and blew away completely on another occasion.

Obviously not put up correctly then :);)

ZZ.jpg

In bad weather we drop the two end poles and it catches the wind less and the water runs off without pooling.

Dave

ZZ.jpg

In bad weather we drop the two end poles and it catches the wind less and the water runs off without pooling.

Dave

:goodpost: What size is it! probably too big for my Valencia

Edited by Alsie

Caravan store 3. 6m 2nd hand off e bay, (chose that size, as the awning rail stops for it are fitted at the same place as the Magnum),

Does the job and is always ready for use, Can be rolled up in seconds if the wind gets up and can be rolled up wet or dry. Takes a couple on mins to slide out when we need the Magnum. Can travel on the off side awning rail if you want. Look after it and you can re=sell years down the line for similar money.

Edited by Alan Stanley

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

I think it is a Size 10, 980 – 1020 cm Canopy. In fact the one on the Barcelona is the same one as on the Valencia it just doesn't go to the end of the channel but still works fine and we couldn't buy a bigger one. We first bought it for our Senator so shows how long it has lasted!

Canopy.jpg

Dave

Edited by caraman1

I have one in my garage, probably the same size(can't remember!) It was used a few times on a Pageant Champagne. Its surplus to requirements. PM me if interested?

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

ZZ.jpg

Dave

Possibly.

What happened to ours is that the guys are only looped over the pins on the ends of the poles (as you can see in your pic) so when the wind gets underneath it pulls them straight off . .....

I did try passing them underneath as well but still felt the whole thing was far too flimsy, and the caravanstore is much more robust, especially with a storm strap.

Ian.

We have just, this afternoon, ordered a sun canopy for our Bailey Pegasus 554. We ordered an Eurotrail sunroof 240, with aluminium poles, from Obelink. co. uk. Their sizes go up to 1060cm, unlike British companies, who don't make one long enough to fit our caravan.

Obviously we can't let you know how good it is but the reviews are mostly excellent, and the price, £118. 69 including delivery seems very good.

The reviews seem good, consistent 4/5 stars and much cheaper than the Dorema. What Caravan do you have?

Edited by Alsie

I have a Valencia I bought an inaca full size sun canopy, look them up. It is absolutely perfect goes nowhere in the wind

The reviews seem good, consistent 4/5 stars and much cheaper than the Dorema. What Caravan do you have?

We have a 2010 Bailey Pegasus 554. The awning rail is 1039cm,so we are hoping the biggest one fits.

and the caravanstore is much more robust, especially with a storm strap.

But our canopy cost under £100 Two rather different devices. I don't like a heavy bag banging against the van and causing strain. Different with the Alu-Tech though. Ours we use a lot to provide some shelter for tables and chairs if it rains. Quick up quick down.

Dave

Edited by caraman1

Buy a full size awning with four zip out panels(2front,2sides).use without panels as a sun canopy, just as easy to put. We travelled through Europe this year doing just that with no problems. On bad days you can always zip the panels back in. Total pegs required 12.