Well Done Toyota

phil1041

Well, here's a cheery tale with regard to a main dealer too!!

I go the garage to get my wife's car out to wash it, (she does not do car washing), blast virtually flat rear tyre.

Inflate as much as possible, then I remember I have a service contract with Toyota dealership which provides free puncture repairs, so I took the car there, the car is a Rav 4 by the way.

Chap confirms there is a nail right on the edge of the tread and says it is not repairable as it is so close to the wall, the tyres are getting a little shot anyway to be honest on the rear down to 3mm on each, chap then removes the cover on the spare attached to the rear door and announces that I have a brand new Yokohama Geolander on here why don't I put this on the car and he will supply the same tyre for the other rear ? OK I say wondering how much this is going to cost, sit down and have a coffee he says, so I do.

Chap then comes back and says he has a matching tyre in stock and because its a stock item, and I have a service account with them, I get a discount (he we go I thought) so that will be £110 altogether he says, I say blimey that's good, so I get two new tyres fitted and balanced the spare replaced with the remaining rear tyre and coffee all for £110.

The tyres are 225 x 65 x R17 and when I checked, the average price per tyre on the net was around £140 each. He could have quite easily quoted for 2 new rear tyres as I had no idea there was a brand new spare siting on the back door,

Quality service from John Roe Toyota of Scunthorpe, thank you!!!

Phil.

Help Admin, how do I repair the typo in the title should of course read TOYOTA!!

Phil.

Edited by phil1041

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Very good, but I read this wanting to know what a totota was ;)

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Yes if you read the post at the bottom, I cannot repair the typo in the title,

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Yes if you read the post at the bottom, I cannot repair the typo in the title,

Phil.

Lol, your edit went in after I had read your post :). I think an admin will have to edit the title. Edited by dreadly

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks dad!!

Phil.

The best dealer I have found is a Toyota dealer and I have bought a lot of new cars over the years.

I know it depends on the actual dealership but their warranty cover was superb.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Hi Phil,

I can't fault Toyota at all. Just had an MOT done on Wednesday and it passed but with an advisory on the 2 hand break cables are corroding and will need replacing some time in the near future. How much I asked, £295 he says but as you a service plan it wont cost you a penny. Couple this with having a 3/4 engine fitted 2 years ago due to a known problem on this particular engine and only cost me the price of a new clutch, that I asked for, I would certainly recommend Toyota.

Dave

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Hi Dave I see your car is the same year as my wifes hers is the XT5, super car we are well pleased with it, did you take out the service contract from new or did you buy second hand and then take it out as we did?

Phil.

So good to hear positive news about a dealer, or about anything, these days. I fear we have become such a nation of moaners that we often overlook laying on a bit of praise when it is due. Well done John Roe Toyota.

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/

Have to agree, nothing but excellent service from my local Toyota dealer. ...

Volvo XC60 & Hobby Premium 540efu

I went into dealers with my Avantis for a dipped headlamp bulb (free fitting), he said that I would need a new headlamp assembly as it was the housing that had melted £300+ :(

I said I would shop around a bit & fit it myself, he said that it could be done cheaper but they'll not be genuine parts. Is face was a picture when I said "I don't want genuine, they melt"....... to be fair he did tell me the best place to buy one from :)

£56 for lamp assy & half a day to fit (front panel has to come off) but that was including coffee break & a lunch ;)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Hi Dave I see your car is the same year as my wifes hers is the XT5, super car we are well pleased with it, did you take out the service contract from new or did you buy second hand and then take it out as we did?

Phil.

Hi Phil,

Yes the same, bought second hand and it came with 1 year service contract that I have renewed each year after.

Dave

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

The forum has sections for Towcar, Caravan and Site reviews. Perhaps a section for car dealers and for caravan dealers? Now that might "open a can of worms".

my landcruiser just keeps on going. no additional bills beyond servicing and a set of tyres. coming up to eight years old.

I've only had one Toyota, a Carina 2.

It was the first car I had ever bought at the time with a perfect paint finish, at that time many cars weren't, think Vauxhall, and BL.

It was mechanically very refined and finished to a high standard.

But its handling was poor, especially compared to the first Nissan Primera made.

unfortunately I towed with it for a year without knowing the supplying dealer haven't done the pdi correctly, the front discs still had the transport covers on!

I'd seen them but thought they were a normal fitment.

I was keen to see the latest rav as I've always wanted another Toyota or Honda for that matter, but neither make a car I want, shame as the Rav comes with a 5 year warranty.

The forum has sections for Towcar, Caravan and Site reviews. Perhaps a section for car dealers and for caravan dealers? Now that might "open a can of worms".

Which is why Forums such as this do not have them. ......any opportunity for being sued should be avoided. ......and what one client may find, good or bad, may not be the same as the next. ........

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530