Hawes For Christmas

cogit

We're off to the CC site at Hawes from 22-29 December.

Is anyone else going or has stayed there over the Christmas period? We have been there on several occasions but never in winter so hope weather is fairly kind - especially for towing.

We like the site as it's an easy stroll into Hawes for all supplies and there is TV hookup so other half can watch Downton Abbey!

For anyone vanning over Christmas we hope you all have a good time.

Hi cogit, we use Hawes not over Christmas but in winter with plenty of snow and had no problems, easy access to the site and water if really cold the water points worked at the toilet block. Sure you will have a great time.

Motor-homing neighbours go every Christmas say it is good. ..........don't know if anything happens though.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I was at Hawes recently and found out that my battery wasn't charging and no 12v power. The wardens kindly lent me their battery charger which enabled us to get through the stay. Can't speak highly enough of the help I got. I assumed the charger had burned out, but got home, looked up some old threads on CT and discovered that I'd suffered from the Bailey charger loose plug problem. Plugged it back in, secured it with a cable-tie and no problems since. I suspect the rather twisty, narrow road along from the A1 was the cause of the loose plug.

John M

Edited by millerhouse12

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution