Coachman

riceb

help returned home sun 16th after weekend away in my year old coachman pastiche parked van in drive & discovered glass from door window was missing ' appears to have clean fallen out anyone had same problem

help returned home sun 16th after weekend away in my year old coachman pastiche parked van in drive & discovered glass from door window was missing ' appears to have clean fallen out anyone had same problem

Sounds like a warrenty issue, i'd get on it straight away .

Hi all, I heard about this one recently and talked to Coachman about it.

Firstly, it is not a Coachman exclusive problem! Other manufacturers have had the same thing. It would appear that the problem orginated in Germany, where these particular doors are made (hows this for German 'quality!?). Apparently, the windows are bonded to the frames using a two part sealent type adhesive. First, the frame is wiped using a cleaning solution, then the window is fitted. Fine in principle, unfortunately, our German friends used the wrong sort of wipe which left a residue and hence the windows did not stick properly.

I am told that this situation has been resolved now, but I am sure a few faulty doors will still be out there!

I am sure the warranty will cover your loss!

Martin W

Discovery D3 HSE + Coachman VIP 575/4 2016

www.pennplanning.co.uk

• 2 years later...
Hi all, I heard about this one recently and talked to Coachman about it.

Firstly, it is not a Coachman exclusive problem! Other manufacturers have had the same thing. It would appear that the problem orginated in Germany, where these particular doors are made (hows this for German 'quality!?). Apparently, the windows are bonded to the frames using a two part sealent type adhesive. First, the frame is wiped using a cleaning solution, then the window is fitted. Fine in principle, unfortunately, our German friends used the wrong sort of wipe which left a residue and hence the windows did not stick properly.

I am told that this situation has been resolved now, but I am sure a few faulty doors will still be out there!

I am sure the warranty will cover your loss!

Martin W

As posted elsewhee I have had 2 door windows detach from my 2005 Pastiche. My dealer seems to know nothing of a recall for this problem. I understand that the problem has been solved by redsign of the door and I have asked for a new-style door for my caravan. The dealer does not seem too enthusiastic about this. I have also written to Coachman about the recall and redesign.

Will the new style doors (2007 I think) fit my caravan?

I am almost out of warranty and would like to avoid losing another window in the future.

As posted elsewhee I have had 2 door windows detach from my 2005 Pastiche. My dealer seems to know nothing of a recall for this problem. I understand that the problem has been solved by redsign of the door and I have asked for a new-style door for my caravan. The dealer does not seem too enthusiastic about this. I have also written to Coachman about the recall and redesign.

Will the new style doors (2007 I think) fit my caravan?

I am almost out of warranty and would like to avoid losing another window in the future.

I have been in touch with Coachman (email) about the door windows of the Pastiche (2005). I have had 2 of them fall out.

Firstly I must say that they were willing to discuss it and that is a good sign.

The reaction to my problem was that I had been "extremely unlucky".

I asked about the alleged recall and they assured me that no such recall had ever happened.

I also asked why I could not have a re-designed door fitted instead of yet another of the 2005 vintage.

They replied:

"With regard to the design, I am afraid you have been misinformed. We were

advised by the manufacturer that a small number had problems with the

adhesive, nothing to do with the design of the door. We have changed the

door we have fitted but we have changed it from a customer desirability

point of view and not for a product specification point of view. The new

door is a one piece with a sliding window and sliding flyscreen and blind

and is a totally different size to the door fitted in your caravan".

Hope this casts some light on some topics aired on this forum.

• 4 weeks later...
I have been in touch with Coachman (email) about the door windows of the Pastiche (2005). I have had 2 of them fall out.

Firstly I must say that they were willing to discuss it and that is a good sign.

The reaction to my problem was that I had been "extremely unlucky".

I asked about the alleged recall and they assured me that no such recall had ever happened.

I also asked why I could not have a re-designed door fitted instead of yet another of the 2005 vintage.

They replied:

"With regard to the design, I am afraid you have been misinformed. We were

advised by the manufacturer that a small number had problems with the

adhesive, nothing to do with the design of the door. We have changed the

door we have fitted but we have changed it from a customer desirability

point of view and not for a product specification point of view. The new

door is a one piece with a sliding window and sliding flyscreen and blind

and is a totally different size to the door fitted in your caravan".

Hope this casts some light on some topics aired on this forum.

My 2005 caravan is at this moment having a new top section fitted to the door under warranty but it will be the same design as the two which were replaced earlier because the window became detached. My warranty expires next week. Is it possible that the dealer or Coachman will guarantee that this third window doesn't fall out?

The latest on my door window problem.

The third window has now been fitted.

I have asked Coachman what happens if this one falls out now that the warranty has expired.

In my dealer's sales area there are about 7 Coacnmans of similar vintage to mine. 2 have door windows missing and 2 have door windows partially detached. That is not a rare occurrence is it?

The latest on my door window problem.

The third window has now been fitted.

I have asked Coachman what happens if this one falls out now that the warranty has expired.

In my dealer's sales area there are about 7 Coacnmans of similar vintage to mine. 2 have door windows missing and 2 have door windows partially detached. That is not a rare occurrence is it?

I have now recived a reply from Coachman Caravans.

""Thank you for your email of 26th August. The door manufacturers inform us

that there were a small number of these doors where the adhesive was not

applied correctly. In the extremely unlikely event that your replacement

door is one of these it will of course be replaced free of charge.""

This is a welcome message but in view of the fact that I have had 2 windows fall out and that there are several with the same problem at my dealer's sales area it does seem that Coachman are in denial about the prevalence of the pronlem.

When the window falls out the adhesive remains intact on the door but the plastic window is completely free of adhesive. This looks like a failure to clean the plastic window adequately before applying the adhesive.