Just Me & The Dog

Phil O

It's official, Christmas is here, wife's just left to go to Doncaster on her works Christmas do overnight, so all day & evening I'll be making frequent visits to the fridge to see what can help me pass another 5 minutes of boredom, some folk love solitude, I hate it. Already walked the dog, fitted new blinds in the spare bedroom, vacuumed and polished around the multitude of Christmas ornaments (cuz I'll do underneath them tomorrow) cleaned both bathrooms and put some beers in the man fridge. Bring on a load of **** on the TV tonight :(

Pubs miles away . ............... it's raining

We're at broadway in the van for 7 nights for new year & she's got to return home for couple of days due to work so I'll be in the Crown & Trumpet from lunch til whenever, log fire, paper and dog, now that I am looking forward to.

Hope you manage to find something worthwhile to occupy your time. You could always stay on CT all night and "chat" to whoever pops along. Stay away from those "other" chat rooms, though!

Les would be absolutely delighted if I took off for a short while - he loves his own company and sometimes I feel like an intruder!

Have a good evening.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Count your blessings Phil.

We are currently a threesome here, well foursome if you count the beardie.

A friend of Mrs SDA's has moved in while she has chemo. for a brain tumour at Leighton.

I can't believe how many words those two can get through. I have to lock myself in the study to get some peace.

Luckily this time of year there are lots of choir rehearsals and concerts which Mrs SDA is conducting so I get the place to myself a fair bit and I can play Pink Floyd, Dire Straits and Stones music at full blast. Mind that upsets the dog.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

You must be due a visit to The Swan, The Crown or The Hand & Trumpet !!

The White Lion at Weston has been redeveloped, we went for a meal last weekend, fantastic food and service.

Phil

Edited by Phil O

That's good news about the White Lion Phil, we'll give it a try.

Mrs SDA was in The Swan last Saturday evening after her concert at All Saints, Madeley, came home with a beautiful bouquet bigger than the dog!

And then yesterday evening she conducted two sets of carols at the Hand & Trumpet with St Margaret's church choir.

They collected for the Philppines Disaster Fund at both events and have raised well over £500 so far.

Tomorrow night is the turn of her Dolly Mixtures ladies group at the Madeley Centre, something very different and good fun with her boy band Dynamite doing a turn too. Worth leaving the dog for that one.

Oh and when we first married (1976) she took a job at Hemel Hempstead Fire Station as secretary to the DC for a couple of years. She's had a soft spot for the Brigade ever since. Of course a few years back now but they bore the brunt of Buncefield.

I had my share of large fires but mainly whilst I served in the West Midlands, nothing on the scale of Buncefield tho, when I transferred to Staffs serving at Burslem and Newcastle it was smaller stuff, tho I wouldn't say it was small for the home or business owners that were affected. An interesting job I attended near Betley was when a power cable came down (Post Office lane), setting fire to trees and bushes, arcing all over the place it was and a little old lady came out of her house with orange juice and biscuits for us, she said it would've been tea but having no power it wasn't possible, don't you just love em.

The people who owned our house back in the 80's and 90's now live in Post Office Lane.

Talking about local oddities I was parked at Sandbach Aldi today and next to me was a Bentley Mulsanne and as far as I could tell the driver had just taken his wife shopping there. I suspect a factory car, rather than a customers.

http://www. bentleymotors. com/models/mulsanne/