C C Should They Have Accepted Him?

phil1041

The CC are getting some very unfavourable publicity re this, what do you think?

https://www. facebook. com/photo. php?fbid=10151734480031793&set=a. 257531271792. 147882. 35833206792&type=1

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course they should. Caravanning/camping is all about enjoying the great outdoors and independance. The CC site at Stonehaven takes tents and I see no reason to turn away any camper. Big mistake by the Cc.

Mind you, you cant blame the entire CC, this will be the decision of one individual, who right now is probably either regretting it, or is bristling with indignation, that his decision making is being challenged by a bunch of PC, lefty do gooder types. ;)

Mind you, you cant blame the entire CC, this will be the decision of one individual, who right now is probably either regretting it, or is bristling with indignation, that his decision making is being challenged by a bunch of PC, lefty do gooder types. ;)

Tend to agree

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

It appears the CC have contacted the guy to apologise and are working with him to sort out further stopovers on his route. No mention of a decent donation to his cause though - maybe it's early day's!!

I'm a member of the CC and like a lot of what they do and provide but sometimes you have to wonder what they teach the wardens on their training courses - it aint customer skills and appreciation that is for sure.

Edited by Guest

Oh Dear CC, maybe he should have booked first on the phone, he could have booked every weekend on all the best sites for 2014 in 1 call.

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

Agree

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

This appears to be down to site warden not CC - they should be ashamed - very poor attitude :angry:

Edited by Muddywheels

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

Of course they should have accepted him, but I'm not surprised that they didn't!

As many of you know, I have a Mazda Bongo as well as the caravan and whilst that is a perfectly acceptable camper van to those who camp in them, I know of quite a few members of the owners' club who have been turned away from CC sites as "not meeting the standards". They, of course, all cancelled their Caravan Club membership.

In this particular case, I do think that the Caravan Club deserve every bit of bad publicity they get, whoever it was that made the decision whether it was an individual, or an individual in consultation with "head office".

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

Disgrace, this is just the sort of thing that reinforces the perception that the CC is for a load of 'toffs' Probably wasn't a high enough rank to get in.

Come on CC you support some strange things like those two girl singers for instance and then do this.

Bad form

Dave

Discovery 4 HSE 2015, Bailey Unicorn S4 Barcelona 2018.
http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/

The CC have just posted an apology on their forum and are now working with Mr Newton to facilitate further overnight stays on his trip.

The funny thing is I read the statement and in my mind it still manages lay fault at his door, in that, he didn't contact them beforehand to either book or explain his plans and that standards needed to be maintained - most bizarre ! Still at least they've tried.

The irony of all this is that at one time the CC was practically run from top to bottom by ex military - I wonder how they would feel about it now?

Deno

I think it was very bad form for the warden to turn him away especially as he is doing a fund raising tour. I also think the CC should make a donation to his charity.

This is one site I will definitely avoid. Next thing they could be banning vans over a certain age, where does it stop!

This appears to be down to site warden not CC - they should be ashamed - very poor attitude :angry:

Yes --- but who taught the site warden ?

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

I have to say that the wardens are dammed if they did and now dammed because they did not let him in. On reflection giving advance notice to the club would have smoothed the way in this case by telling the wardens to make an exception and let him in.

The clubs have to have standard guidelines to protect their members interests, just turning up with an ''unusual'' outfit to say the least could be turned away and I for one am pleased that this policy is enforced in appropriate cases.

Edited by brilock1

I feel vindicated ( like I care if I wasnt ???) about cancelling my Caravan Club membership, whilst I accept that this was probably an individuals error of judgement, it typifies the snobbish, holier than thou attitude which is prevelant within that organiation, I became so heartily sick with their stupid policies and the overbearing attitude of the site people that I will NEVER, NEVER use them again .

We will all have to turn up in nothing older than 2 year old Caravans next, wearing a shirt and Tie, highly polished shoes and parked exactly in the correct position, 5mm difference and your banned ! where will it all end ?????

IDIOTS !!!!!!

Edited by Petercheason
Coachman Amara 500/5 pulled by Rover75 Diesel Auto.

I feel vindicated ( like I care if I wasnt ???) about cancelling my Caravan Club membership, whilst I accept that this was probably an individuals error of judgement, it typifies the snobbish, holier than thou attitude which is prevelant within that organiation, I became so heartily sick with their stupid policies and the overbearing attitude of the site people that I will NEVER, NEVER use them again .

We will all have to turn up in nothing older than 2 year old Caravans next, wearing a shirt and Tie, highly polished shoes and parked exactly in the correct position, 5mm difference and your banned ! where will it all end ?????

IDIOTS !!!!!!

Your view of the CC is not one that I recognise from 15 years of membership.

Ok so the CC wardens got it wrong but then no ones perfect.

According to their forum the matter has been resolved to Mr Newton's satisfaction They say that had they known they could have supported his trip as they have done with other fund raising activities. They have offered for someone to make contact with Mr Newton with details of which sites they have open that he could utilise on his way South on the East coast,

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

But we have only heard one side of the story! There may be another. Does sound a little unreasonable though.

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

I feel that maybe it would have been a good idea to make his stop known to the Club, I feel sure they would have accomodated him then. There are rules and looking through them I can see that a mobility scooter, along with transit type vans and non standard vehicle conversions would not be suitable vehicles. However it's the exception that proves the rule and the warden was sticking to the letter of the law. If ALL kinds of vehicles turned up on site then we would be open to members of "the travelling community" and noone wants this. His non-scheduled stop would have taken the warden by surprise, he should have phoned the head office and explained the situation before making a decision. ....Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.