Pads For 'heavy Duty' Type Corner Steadies?

lowedb

On or previous vans we have fitted the permanently attached jack pads to the bottom of the corner steadies. On our new Unicorn, the rears are 'heavy duty' and don't appear at first glance to have a gap to take the pin that holds the pads on.

Anyone any experience or comments?

The heavy steadies on my Swift still accept the traditional Attachapads. The pin is a tighter squeeze to get through the opening, needing a bit of 'jiggling'....but they still fit.

If in doubt there are other types . ...try doing an eBay search for caravan jack (or jacking) pads.

Edited by ericfield

Assuming all heavy duty steadies on an Alko chassis are the same, I have HD steadies and had no problems fitting my pads to them.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

We've had problems fitting them on the bottom of the Coachman's steadies. We bought the plastic pin type, but I think we need the metal pin type, which is thinner. Have decided to leave it for the time being as the rear steadies only just clear the road when putting the van up on the drive and if pads were fitted I think they'd hit the road and be ruined.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Our Unicorn takes pads with plastic pins no problem. Sorry but can't remember the make of them.

Mike

Mike

On our Mk1 Unicorn Valencia, I fitted a set of these:

http://www. thecaravanshop. co. uk/caravan-accessories/pitching-accessories/ko-pads-heavy-duty-caravan-jack-pads/prod_863. html

The pins & pads fit with no problem.

Cheers,

Steve

Go Outdoors do them for £4. 99 a set if you have a discount card.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Had a similar problem recently when I swapped my unicorn Barcelona S1 for the new S2 model, I removed all my fittings hoping to swap them over to the new van, I was unable to attach the plastic pins through the rear corner steadies as the space was smaller.

I bought some new larger yellow pads from Towsure with a removable metal pin, they look better, have a bigger surface area and fit through steady easily.

If you spot us reversing onto the pitch next to you don't worry we are very friendly !!

the dogs are well behaved, they wont disturb you !!

Please say hello we like talking to other caravaners with similar interests

Thanks, all. I'll get some of the ones with metal pins. I would have tried the plastic pin ones but we forgot to remove them from the previous van.