Interior Damage

NeilD

Both a friend and I have managed to damage the interior work surface of our caravans (tin of baked beans falling out of cupboard onto work surface will do it). The damage consists of a "dent" through the laminate surface.

Has anyone got a good method of repairing this sort of damage or know of a decent supplier of replacement surfaces please?

I did this several years ago and damaged the laminated work top. I found a glazed, six inch square tile with a pattern which suited the patern on the laminate. After marking round the tile, I carefully cut out the under-lying piece of plastic. By building up between the top and bottom surfaces of the worktop, I was able to fix the tile so that it became a permanent feature in the work surface.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Guest mr_sheens

go to any good timber merchants a buy a new sheet of laminate. they supply hundreds of colours, patterns and designs. just take a piece of the broken laminate, match up to their samples and recover the work surface for a very good finish. will cost you approx £50.

the other cheaper and not as good result is to sink tiles into the work surface as descibed previously.

If the dent's not too bad I would try filler (cataloy or similar) then touch it up with an artist brush.

I did this several years ago and damaged the laminated work top. I found a glazed, six inch square tile with a pattern which suited the patern on the laminate. After marking round the tile, I carefully cut out the under-lying piece of plastic. By building up between the top and bottom surfaces of the worktop, I was able to fix the tile so that it became a permanent feature in the work surface.
Ditto :)

Worktop1364a.jpg

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

go to any good timber merchants a buy a new sheet of laminate. they supply hundreds of colours, patterns and designs. just take a piece of the broken laminate, match up to their samples and recover the work surface for a very good finish. will cost you approx £50.

the other cheaper and not as good result is to sink tiles into the work surface as descibed previously.

Don't forget to fill the dent before re laminating as it will be sods law that the first thing you drop will hit "THAT"" spot and go through the new laminate.

Cheers

Steve

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I think I will re-laminate (after filling !) and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Neil.

Archived