Heki

retirednomads

we have a new Buccaneer which has a Heki 4 installed

Last week when we went into the van and switched the 12volt on I heard a faint noise coming from the Heki but didn't think anything of it as it had been without power for a few weeks I just thought it was maybe resetting its self.

When we went through the same thing yesterday the left hand side light came on and we couldn't switch it off . ......... ah! new batteries we thought

So having changed the batteries and now nothing working we got in touch with Dometic, Blandford Forum who said we had to re-sync the remote with the unit

Having gone through the procedure to re-sync, the roof then opened and closed and when it was open the light went off using the remote but when we put the roof down, as it clicked into closed position the left hand side light came on again and wouldn't go off

Dometic said to re-sync several times as the unit was probably confused, but after several goes its still the same

ANY ADVICE VERY WELCOME

IMO I would contact your dealer ASAP and get his advice. I would of thought a automatic Heki don't come cheap and while it is under warranty.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Trouble with all these electronic gadgets is that, when they go wrong, repair can be quite frighteningly expensive. And warranties don't last that long. I cannot see the advantage of having electrically operated roof lights in a caravan, unless a person has disabilities that really make it necessary. And who wants the aggro when they are supposed to be relaxing on holiday? :unsure:

Try disconnecting the power supply to the rooflight, It will probably have a dedicated fuse, reconnect the power then do the reset.

This often works with electronic items

If this fails I suggest you contact your Dealer.

Best of luck.