Caravan Insurance

lulubell69

I have my van insured and stated it was kept on the drive permanently. However, from tomorrow it is going into secure storage until I can sell it. Will this affect the premium / policy. I have advised insurers but awaiting reply.

Thanks

Les

Hi Les. Yes,I believe that it will,simply because it is a change of location and could be affected by a Postcode change.

I believe it is classed as 'Material Change'.

Edited by TheTravellingRooster

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

You might find they are happy with it going into storage as my insurance are more worried about mine sitting on the drive.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Most caravan insurers offer advantageous premium rates if caravans are stored in cassoa facilities. Even though my insurer admitted that 60% of caravan theft is from cassoa facilities

Pete
Range Rover(s) towing Buccaneer Caravel

I think you should tell them anyway, just in case they get picky - if anything does happen, they will get out of it by saying, Ah but, you never told us you were changing the storage location !