Well Electronics Have Certainly Come On

gumdrop

If they want it they will have it . It is just trying to be one step ahead. It s the same with trackers and jammers.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Ive said it before, Ive no doubt I,ll say it again.

Locks only keep honest people out.

I will add this reminds me of when they used the self learning TV remotes to capture your key fob frequencies and they could open cars .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Most thieves are opportunists, and there one major aim for not getting caught is to be able to get in and out fast. This is where not leaving any indication that there is anything of value in a parked vehicle is important.

When it comes to actual theft of the vehicle, and this applies to caravans, the important factors are visible anti-theft devices that are known to be effective, more than one such device, and obviously time-consuming to deal with.

Alarms are good if triggered by an attempt to break in. The downsides are that (a)they can be a problem in windy conditions when any movement due to wind can set them off, (b)people in the area of a sounding alarm seem to be developing an attitude of ignoring them - probably due to so many false alarms, and ©in the process of dealing with an alarm, the thief can easily explain to any interested passer-by that he is 'fed up with the problems of his alarm keeping on going of for no reason', and the passer-by would just carry on his/her way.

On the other hand, trying to break a sturdy anti-theft fitting whilst in full view of other people is much more likely to attract attention.

Agreed, if they really want it, they will make every attempt to get it. But the risk of getting caught can just as easily make them want another vehicle more.

take mine !! take mine . ... it saves washing it :D

Power unit at front all the time, Van behind (hopefully) some of the time unless I'm reversing then it's all the other way round . .... Or is it?

Rycky - before I come down to St. Albans and take it away, could you assure me that it's dry?

And serviced?

:)

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I will add this reminds me of when they used the self learning TV remotes to capture your key fob frequencies and they could open cars .

Dave

Most if not all TV remotes work on Infrared NOT RF.

Suspect that's an urban myth.

J