Where To Sell My Tow Bar

sampvt

Ive just changed cars and my Hyundai ix20 towbar (6 months old with both 7 pin connectors attached with both looms) and have removed it. Any ideas where I could sell it and how much to ask for. I have it on e bay but not much interest.

Im back to motorhoming with a scooter on the back again.

Try Preloved . Its free. I sold my awning and mover rollers on there and they had both been on our forum adverts and ebay and no interest

The more I learn the more I know,the more I know the more I forget,the more I forget the less I know :blink:

I know nothing about this car or its derivatives or how many different towbars exist and if model years are different etc etc. I think I saw your ebay ad and would suggest that if there are different derivatives, your description needs to reflect exactly what you are selling, which derivates of ix20 it fits, make of the tow bar, etc.

I sold a Frontera one using an advert on UKCS, ahve also sold stuff on Preloved.

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

Ive just changed cars and my Hyundai ix20 towbar (6 months old with both 7 pin connectors attached with both looms) and have removed it. Any ideas where I could sell it and how much to ask for. I have it on e bay but not much interest.

Poss the reason it has not sold is it is technically ilegal to fit a secondhand tow bar.

You most likely are honest, but there are others that are not, ie, you are rear ended

in a accident, you take the tow bar off and sell it, then it is refitted and fails because

it is damaged, so not worth taking the chance.

The other thing is the price, I don't know what you were asking but you can buy a new

tow bar for not too much money these days, I got a Witter for my son in law for his car

last year for £90

Radiotwo

Steve - Land Cruiser Amazon Auto + Pageant Series 5 Champagne

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.

Poss the reason it has not sold is it is technically ilegal to fit a secondhand tow bar.

Radiotwo

Are you sure about that ?? It may be inadvisable for the reasons you state, but Im not so sure its illegal.

One thing to check when removing towbar from vehicles is if the vehicle originally had a crash bar fitted as these are removed and replaced by the towbar.

It is not illegal to fit a secondhand towbar but it must be the correct towbar for the model of vehicle and it recommended new nuts and bolts used.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .