Motorhome Forum

bopeep

When I read the motorhome forums I am amazed at the amount of threads slagging off the caravan owners, especially if someone asked whether they should buy a caravan or a motorhome, then the insults fly.

I have not yet seen the same from a caravan forum against the motorhome.

As most of you have gathered by now I live in a coastal town on the Costa Blanca, it has three camp sites so it is a magnet for campers. When visiting the town which I do often I am amazed at the amount of motorhomes parked up free camping, they are everywhere, it would be impossible to count them.

In the town there is a camp site and in all the roads surrounding it are motorhomes one after the other in long lines, there must be 30 just outside the gates, and they have the cheek to run down the caravan fraternity.

On a Saturday it can be a bit difficult to park in the town but a motorhome set itself in the car park spread out with all the bikes and kids toys and takes up about 8 spaces, been there about two weeks. The police do not seem to care they turn a blind eye.

There are some very smart ones as well, some upwards of a 100 grand, I suppose I am jealous really that they can spend the winter with no fees.

Brits or from elsewhere BP?

It surprises me how many ex motorhomers there are now running caravans instead.

I started with a campervan, then small motorhome because I was worried about towing. We got fed up with the restrictions that motorhomes impose and moved over to tugging for the greater freedom and flexibility.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

I might have to sign up to this forum, let them know that us caravanners are a superior breed ;)

H.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

Any particular forum - Motorhomefacts, Motorhomefun etc. ? Guess it's not the one on here, Motorhome Talk, as there's not that much action which is a shame really.

Edited by Pebble

2019 Adria Adora Thames

We don't on Motorhome Talk!!!

It is a trend I have seen on some forums which is regrettable. Having been both a caravanner and a motorhomer, which I think is true of many motorhomers, neither is better than the other except for what you personally want from whichever you choose.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Any particular forum - Motorhomefacts, Motorhomefun etc. ? Guess it's not the one on here, Motorhome Talk, as there's not that much action which is a shame really.

Back when Caravan Talk was launched, it too was very quiet initially, so I am sure that as time passes the number of visits to Motorhome Talk will increase, especially if we keep mentioning it at every opportunity ;)

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.