The Caravan Club Member's Surveys

bessacarr425

We take part in the CC surveys BUT - The results of the surveys are not available to the membership although they are supposed to be displayed under the heading My Profile / Members reserch panel /survey results. July September and October is blank and the previous couple of months is so sanitised that it conveys absolutely nothing.

Sounds like the CC don't like the feedback from the members, as contained in those surveys.

It would be so straightforward to publish the honest results.

I, like most CC members give honest answers to the questions, so why do the CC prevaricate in giving honest survey results.

We take part in the CC surveys BUT - The results of the surveys are not available to the membership although they are supposed to be displayed under the heading My Profile / Members reserch panel /survey results. July September and October is blank and the previous couple of months is so sanitised that it conveys absolutely nothing.

Sounds like the CC don't like the feedback from the members, as contained in those surveys.

I, like most CC members give honest answers to the questions, so why do the CC prevaricate in giving honest survey results.

Hi bessacarr. I thought like me, that you believed that they were for market research and improvements for the club,the members and the inevitable loss of members to be stemmed and not for being taken to the headmasters room and

flogged.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

They will pick the bits out they like. I like yourself give an honest answer to the surveys

The more I learn the more I know,the more I know the more I forget,the more I forget the less I know :blink:

They will eventually appear. In the meantime the survey company has to work of the results and put those into a form that can be understood at a glance. Then the Club management have to review them and probably because of the structure of the Club the Club Council no doubt have view them as well. So in the circumstances you will get delays. To say the Club don't like feedback is way off the mark, otherwise they would not have started their own forum which is pretty critical a lot of the time!

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

David, While it might take many months to go through the unnecessary tiers of CC management, at the end of it, there should be pretty accurate facts and figures as to the member's opinions based on the very specific questions asked on the survey. It would therefore be a simple process to publish those facts and figures for the benefit of the participating members. ---

On your other point :- On looking at the CC's own forum it is glaringly obvious that any critical posts are jumped upon and critical threads closed. Therefore it would appear that the CC only like feedback which is exceptionally complimentary. Similar to their choice of letters printed in the monthly magazine.

I am, and always have been a loyal member of the CC, but, I'm sure you will agree, that in any organisation, there is room for improvement.

Well they got honest answers from me and to drill the message home I didnt renew my membership, they appear to me as an organisation which has its head thoroughly stuck in the sand . .. they may well have asked for a survey but they will not be the first people to be in denial about the answers, I have worked with a few in my time.

Coachman Amara 500/5 pulled by Rover75 Diesel Auto.

They will eventually appear. In the meantime the survey company has to work of the results and put those into a form that can be understood at a glance. Then the Club management have to review them and probably because of the structure of the Club the Club Council no doubt have view them as well. So in the circumstances you will get delays. To say the Club don't like feedback is way off the mark, otherwise they would not have started their own forum which is pretty critical a lot of the time!

David

But if that's so and I can understand it, the delay should be no more than a couple of days (copy sent to each retired Field Marshal!) so they are forewarned. Anything more than that time frame smacks of 'interference' - the results should be unadorned and unadulterated!

Sam :beardy:

On your other point :- On looking at the CC's own forum it is glaringly obvious that any critical posts are jumped upon and critical threads closed. Therefore it would appear that the CC only like feedback which is exceptionally complimentary. Similar to their choice of letters printed in the monthly magazine.

It would be nice to have some examples. I am a moderator there and I just don't recogise what you are saying. Threads do get closed but very rarely for the reason you mention. Invariably it is because some members won't post in accordance to the T&C's and the response of admin and mods is no different to what it would be here on Caravan Talk. Unless its a subject not allowed by the T&C's (subjects usually nothing to do with our hobby) I don't recall a thread critical of the Club to be deleted for that reason. Many members are very robust in their criticism of the Club as can be seen by the recent problems with both the site website redesign and the latest first day bookings are a couple of examples.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

But if that's so and I can understand it, the delay should be no more than a couple of days (copy sent to each retired Field Marshal!) so they are forewarned. Anything more than that time frame smacks of 'interference' - the results should be unadorned and unadulterated!

Hi Sam. 'Interference' ;) is a bit strong,don't you think :rolleyes: . Modified and made more intelligible and polite might be more appropriate :unsure:.

Responses straight from the fingertips just like a little cause language/phraseology can work wonders in delivering the true import of a reply/retort.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

I am not a critic of the CC as in the main I am perfectly happy with their service but as a filler in of the survey questions on a regular basis I do think that it is not on to still not be able to see the results of the July survey.

The July one will be particularly interesting as it asked members to say what they want on a site as if they were designing it. One of the sections to comment on was if you would like a child free or dog free area of the site, or any other 'free' while we are at it. There is a thread on the CC forum at the moment asking for child free areas and in view of the level of sarcasm and anti the idea posts I wonder what the result of the anonymous survey will say.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

For a couple of years I did some part-time work for a major survey company, between 'real jobs'. The results were made available, if client was local, roughly 15 - 20 weeks after compilation. For National operations it could be a least a year before everything was put before them. .........As far as CC is concerned the majority of the Executive are now proper 'caravanner's' . ..........The three that I know best are either self-employed or work in rural industries. .....and have all been Centre Chairs too. ........

I actually, for first time in a year, wrote something on CC Forum this week. ........the layout is still not user friendly so I visit maybe once a month unlike 10 times a day here.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Hi Sam. 'Interference' ;) is a bit strong,don't you think :rolleyes: . Modified and made more intelligible and polite might be more appropriate :unsure:.

Responses straight from the fingertips just like a little cause language/phraseology can work wonders in delivering the true import of a reply/retort.

;)

IME these surveys are scewed so that the originator gets the answer they want. Call me a cynic if you like!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

As far as CC is concerned the majority of the Executive are now proper 'caravanner's' . ..........The three that I know best are either self-employed or work in rural industries. .....and have all been Centre Chairs too. ........

geoff

Just typical members!! I don't think. So if they are 'proper caravanners' what are we??

Dave

Edited by caraman1

Discovery 4 HSE 2015, Bailey Unicorn S4 Barcelona 2018.
http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/

IME these surveys are scewed so that the originator gets the answer they want. Call me a cynic if you like!

Hi Mal. It is called 'Ring Fenced' responses from very biased/squewed questioning.

Just typical members!! I don't think. So if they are 'proper caravanners' what are we??

Dave

My definition was to qualify that they were not all, as suggested by an earlier poster,ex military big-wigs, quite the opposite.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Cynic ! ;)

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

Having had experience in my work with market research there is no way a respected company like Harris, who do the CC's surveys, would produce results to suit the client - it's just not how market research works. There is no point in doing research if you don't take note of the findings. In marketing terminology "The voice of the customer" is key to success and organisations which don't take note ultimately fail. That's why, I assume, the CC is prepared to do research and operate Club Together so that given choices on investments, policies and campaigns it can make informed choices.

I now look forward to reading all the responses from the usual CC critics (this time those with no marketing experience) who think I'm deluded!

Harris is a respected research company I agree. It is what the client, in this case the CC does with the results which is being discussed. It would be easy for them to bury the results in their head office black hole if the results were not a glowing endorsement of their commercial organisation. What I would like to see is an honest report in their magazine and their website, based on the multiple choice questions the participating membership completed. That is the true "Voice of the membership" in action.

Just had a look on the survey page there is some comment on all the survey that has been carried.

I get the impression that bessacarr425 merely looks forward to reading the critical points raised in a survey and would ignore anything positive. Don't forget too that the CC has competitors in travel, insurance and sites so why would it want to share all its research with other orgaisations/companies which could give them a commercial advantage?

Ooh, I'm going to do this survey. I particularly want to get across the following points.

We need more black tie balls in central London.

The magazine needs more articles about club sites and more adverts for club services.

The contact centre should be shut ALL weekend, not just most. This would be much more convenient for club employees.

Dog free areas, child free areas etc: yes brilliant. Club sites would benefit hugely from more rules, regulations and, especially, more notices.

Tow car of the year competitions should only test cars up to 1200 kg, and, in the interest of fairness, all testers should work for VW or Skoda.

Instead of putting up subscriptions EVERY year, why not put them up every month?

Start charging CLs to be listed. They are struggling with business rates, insurance etc: a big enough charge would surely cause loads to give up thereby creating more space in the sites book for what we really need: adverts for pet insurance and so on.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Ooh, I'm going to do this survey. I particularly want to get across the following points.

The magazine needs more articles about club sites and more adverts for club services.

The contact centre should be shut ALL weekend, not just most. This would be much more convenient for club employees.

Dog free areas, child free areas etc: yes brilliant. Club sites would benefit hugely from more rules, regulations and, especially, more notices.

Tow car of the year competitions should only test cars up to 1200 kg, and, in the interest of fairness, all testers should work for VW or Skoda.

Instead of putting up subscriptions EVERY year, why not put them up every month?

Start charging CLs to be listed. They are struggling with business rates, insurance etc: a big enough charge would surely cause loads to give up thereby creating more space in the sites book for what we really need: adverts for pet insurance and so on.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

You forgot to mention CC Ralliers and Committee Members running more of the Club

Edited by caraman1

Discovery 4 HSE 2015, Bailey Unicorn S4 Barcelona 2018.
http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/

That was particularly brilliant