Phishing Phantom Alerts

For the second time in as many months I have received a text message purporting to be from Phantom. The message advises of a powerdown on my caravan and asks to text device code. The messaes are of course false and I don't respond. They come from a mobile phone number which doesn't accept calls.

Not quite sure what would happen if anyone responded. Would Phantom just reveal your details and van location if a device code was given to them. Does it mean my details, name, address etc held by Phantom have been compromised?

No! Phantom ask for your password. if you don't know/remember it they will ask for the email address or other personal info associated with the account. The TXT will always be followed up with a personal phone call. Never give out your details, and Phantom will KNOW where your van is. Just ignore the text.

Thanks. Of course I realise it isn't Phantom hence the title of the post. I think you have missed the point. Why have I been texted by someone out of the blue. They must know that I have a caravan and that I have a Phantom Tracker and they have the correct phone number for me. Whatever way you look at it then somewhere my details have been compromised. Incidentally received another text this morning.

Contacted Phantom and it is there fault. When I sold last van they did not remove my mobile number and it is still associated with the old vehicles Tracker. Hence it was alerting me regarding the old vehicle and asking me to reply with a pin code. Text came through as generated automatically but no follow up phone call as would be expected because that is a manual call and I am no longer linked to the vehicle as far as they are concerned.