Removing Green Mould - Is This Safe?

iansoady

We haven't been able to use the van as much as usual this year due partly to a month RV-ing in the USA, so it's been standing sadly in the storage compound. When I went there last week, there was quite a lot of green mould appearing especially around the front windows. I wiped this off with a damp microfibre cloth, but was looking for something to suppress it for the future.

Would this be safe? http://www. screwfix. com/p/de-solv-it-anti-mould-mildew-spray-500ml/95861

It's for use mainly on the front & rear ABS panels on our Bailey S5 Pageant Vendee.

Yes I know we should get out in it more. ......

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

We haven't been able to use the van as much as usual this year due partly to a month RV-ing in the USA, so it's been standing sadly in the storage compound. When I went there last week, there was quite a lot of green mould appearing especially around the front windows. I wiped this off with a damp microfibre cloth, but was looking for something to suppress it for the future.

Would this be safe? http://www. screwfix. com/p/de-solv-it-anti-mould-mildew-spray-500ml/95861

It's for use mainly on the front & rear ABS panels on our Bailey S5 Pageant Vendee.

Yes I know we should get out in it more. ......

Not sure about it on plastic windows. I always use MucOff for caravans, the pink stuff removes (when neat) about anything and brings the van up really clean.

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

Honestly I don't think anything will really suppress it. ..could be wrong though. ..........I just use Mer to get rid of it till next time.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Use. Frequent and enjoyable use promotes pride and subsequent cleaning routines remove mould. :D:D

Showroom shine is safe on the panels and the windows, use 2 microfibre clothes, might not keep it away but so easy to use

Many ( many ) Moons ago i was told by a "old hand " when mixing the soap & water prior to washing the van to put in a touch of bleach. It kills the mold and it comes off no bother -- well apart from the mess as it runs down the walls of the van ! Did seem to slow down the reappearance of the mold.

david

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!