New To Caravans And Caravan Talk

I bought an old Lunar Clubman CK 2000, and the aerial is analoque. I want to route a new aerial lead from the light vent to above the lockers or shelves on the left hand. I surmise there is insulation between the inner ceiling and the outside fibre glass roof, but what baffle me is what is going on at the top of the cupboard walls. How do I get a pathway from the light vent to inside the top of the cupboard space? I will be using an aerial mast with a digital aerial attached and want to put an aerial plug onto the lefthand side of light vent - from the plug I need to route an TV lead to inside the top cupboard space, Does the cupboard wall go right up to the fibreglass roof or is there a ribbing going down from the outside shell onto the cupboard wall? I don't want a lose aerial lead dangling from the light vent to the TV. At the same time I want to lead 2 wires through for a future

solar panel to make me more self-sufficient in places without a hookup, using a clipsal plug with an aerial plug.

On my old camper-van I could lead the TV aerial wire from the side with a water proof connection point, but I can't do it in this instance due to the awning tent attaching directly to the caravan top channel groove. (Unless I cut a hole in the awning and I don't want to do that.)

OldPeter.

Welcome and off topic, can I suggest you remove your postcode from your personal info. No need to tell the world where you live.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Are you sure that you need a new "digital" aerial? I am not convinced that there is any difference.

Are you sure that you need a new "digital" aerial? I am not convinced that there is any difference.

Your right, you only need a digital receiver, be it built into the TV or a stand alone Free View Box.

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Hello & welcome to the forum

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Hello & welcome to the forum

Paul, you have already done a welcome for Oldpeter http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/89816-new-to-caravans-and-caravan-talk/?do=findComment&comment=961923 post 3

I think he has put this post in the wrong section.

ave

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

. .........

I think he has put this post in the wrong section.

I'll move this topic to the TV section where it will get a better exposure.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

As other posters have already said there is no such thing as a "Digital" aerial.

The transmission frequencies used are the same as those already in use for the old Analogue services (although they may be different actual channels by location in some areas).

The aerial has nothing in it than can tell (or would care) if the signal is carrying an Analogue or Digital carrier, it simply receives the signal that is transmitted.

That said, what may be causing confusion, is the aerial is quite possibly a saucer or cage type omnidirectional aerial (usually a Status, Gazelle or Maxview brand) that was installed in the Analogue days.

As many will testify they often work better in this all digital age than they did for analogue, as providing the signal is strong enough, the likes of grain and ghosting do not happen with a digital signal.

Once the signal level drops below a certain level (colloquially known as "off the digital cliff") you simply won’t get anything watchable, whereas with analogue you could at least put up with watching a grainy, ghosty picture.

Therefore the newer directional type aerial was born which, as the name suggests, you point toward the transmitter to maximise the signal level. This is possibly what the OP is referring to as a Digital Aerial.

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden