Lpg Gas

Meira

What are the pros &cons for LPG gas to use in our Burstner Motorhome ? Can we keep the gas heating on while driving? This will be our first winter travel. Thanks

NO do not travel with it on potentially unsafe. ........caravans warm up quickly enough when stationary. ..

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I wouldn't use the heating while traveling, Propane is best for winter use

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Just use the cab heater whilst travelling, like you would the cab air-con in the summer.

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

What are the pros &cons for LPG gas to use in our Burstner Motorhome ? Can we keep the gas heating on while driving? This will be our first winter travel. Thanks

I suggest you refer to your owners handbook. heaters fitted to modern motorhomes are designed to be motion-proof specifically so they may be used when the hehicle is in motion.

Pete
Range Rover(s) towing Buccaneer Caravel

As said, check in your vehicle handbook - the heater may be wired into the habitation circuit, which is automatically switched off as soon as the engine is started. In France, I believe, you may use a gas-fired heater on the move as long as it is controlled by an anti-shock valve. Diesel-fired heaters are legal to use while travelling without further safeguards, it seems.

If at first you don't succeed, it may be best to give up.

Don't use any naked flames whilst at a filling station or you may get a visit from me & my mates :angry:

Hyundai Terracan pulling a Burstner Trecento 530 easily
I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somone with a torch

Don't use any naked flames whilst at a filling station or you may get a visit from me & my mates :angry:

Hi does that mean we can use them with clothes on?

Terry.

Lunar Delta RS, Ford Explorer. Ford Ranger

Slightly off topic but are you aware of our other Forum?

http://www. motorhometalk. co. uk/community/

Agree Propane is best all year round.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Hi does that mean we can use them with clothes on?

Terry.

now you're confusing naked with nekkid

Pete
Range Rover(s) towing Buccaneer Caravel

I would normally suggest to just use the cab heater but will this have enough heat to keep the whole area warm. The heater was obviously designed to just heat the cab area and I doubt it will be modified for the motorhome. This will only be of an issue in the winter months and if it becomes a problem then check the handbook for the possibility of using the gas heater while in motion. Gas can not be burnt at petrol stations or in many tunnels so check it is off when using these facilities.

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4