Alde 3010 Urgent Help Required Please

TOF

Hi All. I have just washed, polished and cleaned out the caravan ready to sheet over for winter. I have no idea how to drain the alde hot water tank. I have looked through both instruction manuals and there is no info in there about how to do it. I have even looked on google and cant find out how to actually do it.

Any help much appriciated.

Chris

If at first you don't succeed. ..... give up and pay someone to do it who knows what they are doing.

It's the yellow 'switch' which is normally quite near to the heater. Up for Open - Down to close.

Sam :beardy:

Hi Sam. I have always bee under the impression that there was some kind of drain on the tank itself to get rid of the water. .. As every time i check the pipe there is water in it. ..

If at first you don't succeed. ..... give up and pay someone to do it who knows what they are doing.

Hi,

The alde system itself is filled with anti freeze fluid, no need to drain that. The hot water tank is separate from that and is normally drained by opening a valve, often with a yellow lever, next to the tank. Open all the taps as well. That should be in your caravan hand handbook.

Rob

Thanks guys. I will have a look through the caravan handbook instead of the alde heating one. That's probably why i couldn't find it.

To drain the hot water system (the heating system stays full as it has anti-freeze) locate the blue valve with the yellow lever. 'flip' the yellow lever upright, this opens the valve and then open the hot water taps and the water will drain out. O.jpg

Edited by caraman1

Discovery 4 HSE 2015, Bailey Unicorn S4 Barcelona 2018.
http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/

You must be towing with the hot water tank full.

This might increase the nose weight.

Some prefer to tow with the water system drained.

Also if you open drain, and one hot and one cold tap, before the last tow of the season this empties the system as you tow.

Don't forget the shower hose. Do you have an on board tank?

All done guys. I have opened all the taps, and the valve and it is now draining under the caravan. I have no on board water tank, so just the hot water one. Thanks for all the advice

Its worth running the water pump to get a little more out from the pump, some people also remove it altogether.

Personally we always drain the shower head and hose and leave it resting on the tray.

With the mixer taps its important to leave them open in the mid position between hot and cold, and fully open.

As has been previously said draining the water system with a floe attachment finishes off the job. Used ours three weeks ago and out came nearly 4 pints more water after a normal drain down. Yes its important to empty the shower head and hose if not using a floe.

While I'm not saying a floe isn't a good tool to have.

I am saying I have never used one, and never had any frost damage of any type, but I do open and drain the system on site.

All done guys. Thanks for all the advice