C C Mayday

poolebob

Like others breakdown cover comes with my new car.

At the moment I have CC Mayday and not sure whether to renew.

New car cover will cover my van size wise so the main advantage of CC is the double journey cover.

Mayday only seem to cover van if it is attached to car. Thus if the van is on site and I breakdown whilst on a day out, it would appear that Mayday will recover car but not van.

Cover for van only applies when travelling to a pre-booked site. So what happens if I break down when going to and from storage.

I know I could contact Mayday but does anyone have personal experience of these situations.

poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

Mayday only seem to cover van if it is attached to car. Thus if the van is on site and I breakdown whilst on a day out, it would appear that Mayday will recover car but not van.

poolebob

Don't know where you got that from but it's not correct - twice now, after accidents as they're covered as well as breakdowns, I've had my car recovered back to the site during a day out and then two days later (my choice) car recovered home on a flatbed with caravan towed behind.

It's the other companies that will only recover the van if it's being towed at the time of a breakdown - and almost all exclude accident recovery, expecting you to use your car insurance which of course won't recover the van.

Edited by Black Grouse

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Check that the recovery service you have will also recovery the trailer/Caravan if the tow vehicle is OK. Mayday certainly do.

Many companies say that they cover caravans but don't explain that the recover is as a result of the tow vehicle failing.

Bill

Yes, definitely mis-informed. ;)

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Yes, definitely mis-informed. ;)

If I am mis-informed it's because that's how their Policy Document reads which is why I asked what happens in practice. So thanks Black Grouse for your experience.

I am aware of the limitations of the cover which comes with the car.

It's just whether it's worth £96 to get the extra cover that comes with Mayday.

poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

It's just whether it's worth £96 to get the extra cover that comes with Mayday.

To me. ... and I have free RAC cover on the car, it is worthwhile. As someone who is frequently off-road on a rally field the ability for someone to come and tow me or me and caravan off, no matter how bad is essential, Mayday will do it RAC and the others don't. ......" sorry we can't leave the metalled roadway" was the RAC response once.

geoff

Edited by shipbroker

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Car recovery will only tow a caravan behind a recovery vehicle if the caravan is in a road worthy condition .

Mayday and Arrival will recover the caravan if it has a mechanical fault with no length or width restrictions.

Some have width restrictions under standard UK built vans.

I would read the small print and conditions.

I like Mayday for the fact I can get the outfit towed home by a driver if for some reason I can not drive .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

When my car broke down in Wales, the mayday recovery took me back to the site I was pitched on. He then went home whilst I had my tea and got the 'van ready for the off, then came back, loaded the car on the beavertail, hitched the 'van up on the back and brought us all the way home. ....Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.