Its Back And Thank You Elddis And Glossop Caravans

Johnedg

You have restored my faith in British workmanship and customer service.

My 2007 Odyssey is now back from the factory in Consett and to say that I am impressed with the result is a huge understatement.

The damaged floor in both rear corners has been replaced across the whole of the back of the van. The soft floor area has also been sorted as has the area just inboard of the door. The whole floor looks brand new and has been re-painted from front to back. New awning rails and seals have been fitted and whole rear panel has also been replaced because there was a split in it. New outer wheel arches have been fitted and I now have mud flaps on both wheel arches. The interior bowing has now been completely sorted and the brackets fitted are neatly behind some very attractive trim.

I am actually quite stunned by the quality of the workmanship and by the fact that Elddis and Glossop Caravans have gone more than the extra mile to sort this out. Ok it should never have happened and liability was never admitted but the end result is that my caravan is now in perfect working order and ready to go again.

I will definitely be looking to upgrade to a new model next year and if this is anything to go by then Elddis and Glossop have earned themselves some mega brownie points. I am a happy bunny :D

Well thank goodness for some good news, hope you enjoy your re-furb. ...Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

You've got somebody else's caravan!! :D

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Credit where it's due. Well done elddis and Glossop!!

Caravanless. ...

Woohoo positive feedback at last. Great news johnedg :)

Jeep Grand Cherokee S Limited

2014 Crusader Storm :D

You have restored my faith in British workmanship and customer service.

My 2007 Odyssey is now back from the factory in Consett and to say that I am impressed with the result is a huge understatement.

The damaged floor in both rear corners has been replaced across the whole of the back of the van. The soft floor area has also been sorted as has the area just inboard of the door. The whole floor looks brand new and has been re-painted from front to back. New awning rails and seals have been fitted and whole rear panel has also been replaced because there was a split in it. New outer wheel arches have been fitted and I now have mud flaps on both wheel arches. The interior bowing has now been completely sorted and the brackets fitted are neatly behind some very attractive trim.

I am actually quite stunned by the quality of the workmanship and by the fact that Elddis and Glossop Caravans have gone more than the extra mile to sort this out. Ok it should never have happened and liability was never admitted but the end result is that my caravan is now in perfect working order and ready to go again.

I will definitely be looking to upgrade to a new model next year and if this is anything to go by then Elddis and Glossop have earned themselves some mega brownie points. I am a happy bunny :D

I had exactly the same superb experience (and posted as such) when my caravan went back to Consett earlier this year - they did jobs far beyond what I would have expected (and I had not pointed these things out - put most of them down to 'wear and tear' on a caravan which was 4 years old at the time) and to an extremely high standard I may add - I felt my caravan had had a thorough makeover by people who cared passionately about what they were doing. I do read on here of peoples problems with Elddis and I am unsure why some situations seem to get sorted by Elddis/ their dealers and some do not and thats a shame for all concerned but I can only speak from my own experience and I will definitely replace my caravan for an Explorer Group product and via the local to me main dealer who sorted the problem with my caravan to my total satisfaction.

A thought has occured to me thoughreading some of the posts on here and the evident frustrations/disappointment - is the lack of apparent assistance from Elddis to sort some of the problems with some of these caravans due to the relationship the dealer that requests the warranty work has with Elddis or the manner in which they make the claim???

Powrtouch AWD Movers. E & P Compact Levelling System.

as this story shows, unfortunately problems do arise, but its how they are delt with that is key!

I agree. What most of the manufacturers fail to realise is that for some of us, our caravan is not just a tin box on wheels, but rather it is a significant investment in a dream - holidays, happy times together, etc.

When my caravan came back from repair (not by Elddis, it must be said) it was filthy, screws trodden into the floor, sawdust everywhere etc. My wife wanted to sell up and give up caravanning.

Even a bunch of flowers would have helped her feel good about the process and the caravan again.

Hi folks, and in particular Johnedg,

For those of you who don't know me, I work for Glossop Caravans, and one of my roles is representing GC on the various caravan forums.

I would just like to thank you on behalf of Glossop Caravans, and indeed Elddis (who I am sure have also read this thread), for the kind comments you have wrote. I have been reading these forums for a few months now, and it is always nice to hear from happy customers.

So once again a big 'Thank you' and looking forward to seeing you next year!

Nice one John, Im due to pick up a new ELDDIS from GLOSSOP caravans in Feb 2014, thank god someone who can relate a great experience from both. ....WELL DONE ALL. ...

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

I am sure that they will look after you Timanita. My only issue was the pushiness of the new van sales guy when we went for a look around at the new stock a couple of months ago but I can forgive that because I can always tell him to go away and I will not be hassled by anyone. he has a job to do but then so do I in terms of looking after my cash and being fully at ease. we will be going there next year though for a new unit so if this gets back to Glossop "just back off a little" :D and leave me some slack :D

Ha ha funny you should say the johnedg, had the same experience when I made a tentative enquiry over the phone. ...I was genuinely looking to buy but obviously you take a day or so before you part with £20. 000. ...... I got a call off "probably the same guy" saying (on an answer phone) I've given you a great deal are you buying or just waiting my time. ......how rude

Anyway another guy Steve called me after I complained and I met him at the NEC show and we did a deal. ....would have done it before that if only the guy wasn't so pushy. ......will they ever learn. ....

Good luck with you nicely restored van and good luck in buying next year. . ...cheers

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

Add my name to the list of satisfied explorer group products, on our fifth unit, four caravans and now a superb aspire 255 solid build motorhome, the aspire was bought at the nec in feb from lawrence a salesman from glossop caravans, a deal too good to be missed !!. had a couple of issues but always kept informed it seems the service centre are very proffesional in there communication with customers, also had very good service from wandahome and torksey caravans where we had bought previous caravans, sometimes wonder if its the way you conduct business with the dealers that reap rewards in aftersales ??? ( bet this opens a can of worms but i type how it is not to boost posting figures ),,,,,, jim

:D:D:D:D the new solid construction 2013 elddis aspire 255 has replaced a 2008 jeep grand cherokee 3. 0 crd overland being chased by a 2011 elddis crusader super sirocco,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, after four elddis caravans it made sence to buy an aspire